1640 sling stud question

clockwork_7mm_gator

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I'd like to replace the sling studs on a Husqvarna 1640 stock... the threads are wider than a standard Mike's set. Does someone make an aftermarket version of the wider ones, front and rear? (I'm replacing the original with one that doesn't have the strap attachment included.)

Thanks y'all.

Best to measure the existing stud and find out precisely what thread (diameter and pitch) it is. Then you can search for a suitable replacement. The thread will possibly be metric.

The existing studs are identical (unlike a modern Uncle Mike's set with different threads for rear and front). They are .60" long. They are .243" wide on the outside of the thread. Here is a photo of the threading:

hva1640 stud 1.jpg
hva1640 stud 2.jpg

So, essentially, I'm looking for a set of the studs minus the actual swivel for use with a Montana Sling with the swivel already incorporated.

I've heard that some Husqvarna rifles had a sling thread of 1/4" x 20 TPI. If you have a thread guage you could check if that matches yours. Alternatively, get a 1/4 x 20 bolt and see if it easily screws in. If this turns out to be the correct thread for your rifle, maybe email New England Custom Guns to see if they have the type of studs you want.

I've heard that some Husqvarna rifles had a sling thread of 1/4" x 20 TPI. If you have a thread guage you could check if that matches yours. Alternatively, get a 1/4 x 20 bolt and see if it easily screws in. If this turns out to be the correct thread for your rifle, maybe email New England Custom Guns to see if they have the type of studs you want.
Have an email off to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredDmt053

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary (417)860-5888
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross