10mm auto new pistol which one?

Forrest Halley

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Well, I've got three of the P220/10, two are legion. I find the Legion trigger results in much better accuracy - for me. I have the G20 and never mastered the trigger
There are excellent aftermarket triggers for the Glocks. Sigs have Bruce Gray or their custom shop.

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
I have two 9mm Sig Legions DA/SA P229 and SAO P226; the triggers are pretty good. My gen 4 G20 had a terrible trigger. I swapped it for ZEV setup, and it is as good as I imagine a striker-fired gun’s trigger can possibly be. It improved my mediocre scores quite a bit.

Challer

AH member
Reaction score
I understand regarding ZEV triggers and Glocks; I tried them. The best striker trigger did not work as well for me as the best classic P series for SIGs. I don't care for the P320 trigger either but still have a few 320/365 for other reasons. Not trying to start a Glock vs SIG thread; both are good and you should try both to see what works best for you.

I'll gladly point out what I consider to be the shortcomings of the P220/10. First is it not double stack and thus only 8 rounds, and SIG doesn't try hard with double stack 10mm/.45 getting only ten in the magazine vs 13/15 for other 10mm/.45. It matters with pigs and as a backup in DG country. Second, SIG has nearly abandoned calibers other than 9mm, and .45/10mm are only sporadically available. Third, SIG does not offer an optic mount for the P220/10. Fourth, generally, SIG now focuses more on paint jobs and slide cuts than meaningful performance issues.

That said, I feel it's a weakness on Glocks part to require an aftermarket trigger to get a good striker trigger. Yes there is ZEV but their relationship is not at all like GG trigger and such being built into Legions and some other models from the factory.

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
If SIG manufactured a 15 round 10mm DA/SA pistol I would own one. If it had Legion quality trigger I would own it even sooner. I just have a hard time convincing myself to carry a heavy and expensive P220 vs a lightweight G20 with double the capacity. My P229 Legion is my EDC sometimes replaced with P365XL. I like SIGs, own four and will get at least one more (P210) but I agree that lack of new, hammer fired pistols in more potent rounds is disappointing. If you’re after a DA/SA 10mm pistol the choice is extremely limited. There is Brno PSD which I tried to buy but the factory ignored a number of my emails regarding dealers or direct purchase options, there are some options from Tanfoglio except no shop I spoke to has ever actually seen one and there’s the P220. Is there anything else?

BTW, speaking of Legions’ triggers, for a while I thought these triggers were amongst the best, and then I bought a Pardini SP target pistol and found out that I knew nothing about good pistol triggers. Naturally,you cannot possibly have a lightweight trigger like Pardini’s in a carry gun but its crispiness, lack of slack etc. would be great.

Scrumbag

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
I must admit when I lived somewhere you could own pistols I found even stock P226 triggers beat the pants off race tuned glock triggers...

TTundra

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Has anyone got any experience with Brno PSD? It’s a pistol designed for a proprietary Brno 7.5mm chambering (with very interesting ballistics) but can be had with 9x19 and 10mm conversion kits. Ugly but interesting looking gun.

I have one due in this week. $1600 shipped for the 7.5/10mm/.40 version. We'll see if it's worth it. No ideas of it ever being for CC, but if it functions as advertised, would be great to keep in the vehicle and take in the woods. Few boxes of 7.5 on order as well as some 10mm penetrators. Luckily with lots of family and friends in LE, .40 I have stock piled over the years with finally something to use it in for plinking. It was my birthday treat for myself...

Forrest Halley

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
If SIG manufactured a 15 round 10mm DA/SA pistol I would own one. If it had Legion quality trigger I would own it even sooner. I just have a hard time convincing myself to carry a heavy and expensive P220 vs a lightweight G20 with double the capacity. My P229 Legion is my EDC sometimes replaced with P365XL. I like SIGs, own four and will get at least one more (P210) but I agree that lack of new, hammer fired pistols in more potent rounds is disappointing. If you’re after a DA/SA 10mm pistol the choice is extremely limited. There is Brno PSD which I tried to buy but the factory ignored a number of my emails regarding dealers or direct purchase options, there are some options from Tanfoglio except no shop I spoke to has ever actually seen one and there’s the P220. Is there anything else?

BTW, speaking of Legions’ triggers, for a while I thought these triggers were amongst the best, and then I bought a Pardini SP target pistol and found out that I knew nothing about good pistol triggers. Naturally,you cannot possibly have a lightweight trigger like Pardini’s in a carry gun but its crispiness, lack of slack etc. would be great.
IIRC the tanfoglio is convenient in that it caliber swaps easily where the slide contains the ejector and everything is just a slide swap and then on to magazine changes.

Challer

AH member
Reaction score
It appears that way and I'm looking into it. Do you have experience with these?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
84vn

Latest profile posts

john corry wrote on Alexandro Faria's profile.
Hi,
I remembered you mentioned a dealer in Gauteng regarding a Rigby 350? May I ask who that is? I’m a collector of rigby rifles. Many thanks. John
I am alive and trying to find some hard-to-find reloading dies in .475 #2 (not Jeffreys)
Hi, I’m going on a Leopard & Lion hunt, I’m taking my 338 Blaser mag loaded with 225gr Nosler Accubond moving at 2850ft/s. Will the Nosler Accubond be an excellent bullet on this leopard & lion? Thanks
raamw wrote on MShort's profile.
I have an as new M70 right hand with standard wood of excellent graining and a winchester synthetic
Looking for a 358 Norma Mag.