10mm auto new pistol which one?

Well, I've got three of the P220/10, two are legion. I find the Legion trigger results in much better accuracy - for me. I have the G20 and never mastered the trigger
There are excellent aftermarket triggers for the Glocks. Sigs have Bruce Gray or their custom shop.

I have two 9mm Sig Legions DA/SA P229 and SAO P226; the triggers are pretty good. My gen 4 G20 had a terrible trigger. I swapped it for ZEV setup, and it is as good as I imagine a striker-fired gun’s trigger can possibly be. It improved my mediocre scores quite a bit.

I understand regarding ZEV triggers and Glocks; I tried them. The best striker trigger did not work as well for me as the best classic P series for SIGs. I don't care for the P320 trigger either but still have a few 320/365 for other reasons. Not trying to start a Glock vs SIG thread; both are good and you should try both to see what works best for you.

I'll gladly point out what I consider to be the shortcomings of the P220/10. First is it not double stack and thus only 8 rounds, and SIG doesn't try hard with double stack 10mm/.45 getting only ten in the magazine vs 13/15 for other 10mm/.45. It matters with pigs and as a backup in DG country. Second, SIG has nearly abandoned calibers other than 9mm, and .45/10mm are only sporadically available. Third, SIG does not offer an optic mount for the P220/10. Fourth, generally, SIG now focuses more on paint jobs and slide cuts than meaningful performance issues.

That said, I feel it's a weakness on Glocks part to require an aftermarket trigger to get a good striker trigger. Yes there is ZEV but their relationship is not at all like GG trigger and such being built into Legions and some other models from the factory.

If SIG manufactured a 15 round 10mm DA/SA pistol I would own one. If it had Legion quality trigger I would own it even sooner. I just have a hard time convincing myself to carry a heavy and expensive P220 vs a lightweight G20 with double the capacity. My P229 Legion is my EDC sometimes replaced with P365XL. I like SIGs, own four and will get at least one more (P210) but I agree that lack of new, hammer fired pistols in more potent rounds is disappointing. If you’re after a DA/SA 10mm pistol the choice is extremely limited. There is Brno PSD which I tried to buy but the factory ignored a number of my emails regarding dealers or direct purchase options, there are some options from Tanfoglio except no shop I spoke to has ever actually seen one and there’s the P220. Is there anything else?

BTW, speaking of Legions’ triggers, for a while I thought these triggers were amongst the best, and then I bought a Pardini SP target pistol and found out that I knew nothing about good pistol triggers. Naturally,you cannot possibly have a lightweight trigger like Pardini’s in a carry gun but its crispiness, lack of slack etc. would be great.

I must admit when I lived somewhere you could own pistols I found even stock P226 triggers beat the pants off race tuned glock triggers...

Has anyone got any experience with Brno PSD? It’s a pistol designed for a proprietary Brno 7.5mm chambering (with very interesting ballistics) but can be had with 9x19 and 10mm conversion kits. Ugly but interesting looking gun.

I have one due in this week. $1600 shipped for the 7.5/10mm/.40 version. We'll see if it's worth it. No ideas of it ever being for CC, but if it functions as advertised, would be great to keep in the vehicle and take in the woods. Few boxes of 7.5 on order as well as some 10mm penetrators. Luckily with lots of family and friends in LE, .40 I have stock piled over the years with finally something to use it in for plinking. It was my birthday treat for myself...

If SIG manufactured a 15 round 10mm DA/SA pistol I would own one. If it had Legion quality trigger I would own it even sooner. I just have a hard time convincing myself to carry a heavy and expensive P220 vs a lightweight G20 with double the capacity. My P229 Legion is my EDC sometimes replaced with P365XL. I like SIGs, own four and will get at least one more (P210) but I agree that lack of new, hammer fired pistols in more potent rounds is disappointing. If you’re after a DA/SA 10mm pistol the choice is extremely limited. There is Brno PSD which I tried to buy but the factory ignored a number of my emails regarding dealers or direct purchase options, there are some options from Tanfoglio except no shop I spoke to has ever actually seen one and there’s the P220. Is there anything else?

BTW, speaking of Legions’ triggers, for a while I thought these triggers were amongst the best, and then I bought a Pardini SP target pistol and found out that I knew nothing about good pistol triggers. Naturally,you cannot possibly have a lightweight trigger like Pardini’s in a carry gun but its crispiness, lack of slack etc. would be great.
IIRC the tanfoglio is convenient in that it caliber swaps easily where the slide contains the ejector and everything is just a slide swap and then on to magazine changes.

It appears that way and I'm looking into it. Do you have experience with these?

They all great but I tell you the Glock 40 Mos 10mm is hard to beat bang for buck and reliability! I also added the 7" KKM barrel for a tad more power...I did a few but plain Jane works well too!
20210307_222622.jpg
20180708_091914.jpg

They all great but I tell you the Glock 40 Mos 10mm is hard to beat bang for buck and reliability! I also added the 7" KKM barrel for a tad more power...I did a few but plain Jane works well too!View attachment 430357View attachment 430358
If any handgun deserved to shoot a Warthog, it is the A-10 Warthog LOL!! I thought I had a lot of firepower carrying my full size Sig P320 but now I feel severely under gunned LOL! Seems like your firearm collection has that effect LOL!!!!!

They all great but I tell you the Glock 40 Mos 10mm is hard to beat bang for buck and reliability! I also added the 7" KKM barrel for a tad more power...I did a few but plain Jane works well too!
There's a lot of truth about the Glock 10 mm family being a value and reliable. I am not sure what an extra inch of barrel does for power though. I could see it on the G29 or anything not having a six inch barrel, because that is a minimum length for hunting in some states. The real magic is a .40 or 9mm conversion barrel.

I often thought it would be an interesting project to do a handgun project with 2 Glock 20s

1) Hunting Hand Gun
  • Glock 40 MOS
  • Red dot sight
  • Longer barrel (Lone Wolf 9" looks cool)
  • Mainly set up for hunting from stands / blinds for deer
  • "Target" back up irons
  • Shooting something that will expand reliably in deer
  • Uprated "target" trigger

2) Critter defence
  • Standard G20
  • Fast / Combat sights (XS Big Dots perhaps)
  • Change barrel for something standard length but will feed and shoot cast bullets well
  • Surefire light on the front
  • Holsters for chest or hip carry
  • Shooting something like a 220gr Buffalo Bore Hard Cast
  • Keep everything else stock

Be fun to tinker I think.

Scrummy

I often thought it would be an interesting project to do a handgun project with 2 Glock 20s

1) Hunting Hand Gun
  • Glock 40 MOS
  • Red dot sight
  • Longer barrel (Lone Wolf 9" looks cool)
  • Mainly set up for hunting from stands / blinds for deer
  • "Target" back up irons
  • Shooting something that will expand reliably in deer
  • Uprated "target" trigger

2) Critter defence
  • Standard G20
  • Fast / Combat sights (XS Big Dots perhaps)
  • Change barrel for something standard length but will feed and shoot cast bullets well
  • Surefire light on the front
  • Holsters for chest or hip carry
  • Shooting something like a 220gr Buffalo Bore Hard Cast
  • Keep everything else stock

Be fun to tinker I think.

Scrummy
Save your money from the "pit" and buy a 6" barreled Glock Model 40 MOS 10mm. If you choose to buy a RMR, it comes with several adapter plates for different brands. I have Trijicon night sights on mine. 220gr Underwood or Buffalo Bore hardcasts are great out to 25 yards with the open sights. My Glocks are completely stock except for the night sights. I don't hunt with them. They are my defensive firearm when I'm out in the woods without a rifle.

Had a G29. Sold it. Nothing wrong with it but my buddy wanted it and I also had a G20.
Had a Delta Elite. hated it. Worst gun I ever bought. Gave it away. Literally.
Had a P220 SAO. Excellent pistol. Safe queen. Sold it.
Have a G20. Phenomenal pistol. Never selling it.
Have a DA/SA P220. Another excellent pistol. Might sell it. Spends too much time in the safe.

Not a SA/DA, but 15+1 capacity.

I've been watching for a 10mm for a while now but other gun purchases keep getting in the way;)

I am pretty sure when I do pull the trigger, it will be a 1911 style. So although I do know Glocks to be very fine weapons, of those two I would have to go with the Colt.

Personally I've mostly been drooling over a Dan Wesson, just can't decide if a long slide or more standard length, they do several versions in a 10mm.

And now the Ruger SR1911 5" 10mm has caught my eye. Handled one and seemed really decent, especially for the price. And as I have a Ruger collection well on it's way, that is another reason for me to like it. Decisions decisions :)
Bob
we think alike! I sure dont need another gun but with a big full bag Alaska adventure booked everyone seems to think I need a 10mm instead of a .45.
At this point I have only casually looked at them. I could go with any of them really.
I am following this discussion and looking for advice and ideas.
Philip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,