100 pound & 90 pound bulls taken in Botswana!

Scott CWO

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
I am awaiting official weight confirmations but I have two very solid reports of a beautiful, well matched 100 pound bull taken and another possible 90 pounder!! I have some pictures of both but am expecting better photos and details on Monday. I will update with more information soon!

4FC44AF3-1BAD-4997-9DFA-9F66BDA57FB1.jpeg

Here is the possibly 90 pounder. Very long on right tusk! Left tusk fairly long as well.

They have a June 1-14 cancellation and another August 19-31.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Mother of Christ... :p

I’m no ivory chaser, but that’s a stellar bull.

I wonder what the dimensions are? (Dimensions are more impressive to me than pure weight, because the root weight can rob an otherwise awesome score)

It might be a better photo if wasn’t shot with a wide angle lense. Any other photos

It might be a better photo if wasn’t shot with a wide angle lense. Any other photos

Wide angle lense? No, it was just taken from the front. I’ve asked for another photo taken more from the side. Info is still coming in from these very recent hunts. The ivory and people are in transit from camps back to Maun. More to come.

Yes
Awesome early reports!!
Do you have a pic of the 100 lb?
Yes I have two photos but the PH is sending more appropriate photos tomorrow when he has good communications when back in Maun. He has better photos and asked me to wait for the better photos.

Thanks for letting us know.

I have a pair of 55 pound tusks in my family room, and I can't even begin to imagine what a pair of 100 pound tusks would look like! But like @BourbonTrail, I'm not an ivory chaser, although I love hunting elephants. I'd just as soon hunt old bulls with broken tusks or even broken off tusks . . . the hunt is the thrill.

Having said that, it's great to know that there are still bulls of this size out there. "Trophy" relatively recently used to be 50 pounds and up . . . now I'm seeing hunts advertised with expectations of 35 pounds and up, or even 30.

Kudos to Botswana for conserving their elephants so well, and for re-opening hunting. This needs to be encouraged!

Yes

Yes I have two photos but the PH is sending more appropriate photos tomorrow when he has good communications when back in Maun. He has better photos and asked me to wait for the better photos.

If it is the one Mike took I have seen it?

Id love to hear the story behind these two tuskers!

Yes

Sent you a WhatsApp

I am awaiting official weight confirmations but I have two very solid reports of a beautiful, well matched 100 pound bull taken and another possible 90 pounder!! I have some pictures of both but am expecting better photos and details on Monday. I will update with more information soon!
Do you know which area?

7998C23C-A47B-40D4-8E13-1568ED576204.jpeg

The company for this 100 pounder in Botswana concession
Official weight is 105.6 pounds (48 KGS)
Length - 7.83 feet. 94” 238.76 cm
Circumference- 19.5” 49.5 cms.
Making this the biggest and longest tusks since the ban was lifted in 1996 in Botswana.

Last edited by a moderator:
Combined weight is 201.3 pounds:
1) Major tusk - 48 KGS/105.6lbs
Length - 7.83 feet. 94” 238.76 cm
70” outside the lip
Circumference- 19.5” 49.5 cms
2) Minor tusk - 43.5 KGS/95.7lbs
Length -7.33 feet 88” 223.52 cms
Circumference-19.5” 49.5 cms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg