100 pound & 90 pound bulls taken in Botswana!

1D2B1FC6-5380-470D-ACA1-3BDE88AB5CB6.jpeg

Simply incredible!
The hunt was in a communal area in Botswana.

Last edited:
View attachment 461433
Here is the possibly 90 pounder. Very long on right tusk! Left tusk fairly long as well.

They have a June 1-14 cancellation and another August 19-31.
The hunter that shot this big bull wants the skull intact so it will take a few more days for the tusks to rot loose before they can be pulled out of the skull and weighed.

951437B0-D5CD-44DF-8CA3-EDE9599C1252.jpeg

Another shot of the bull being cleaned.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants contact info for either operator, send me a PM. As I mentioned earlier, some cancellations with a discount due to Russians backing out.

Thanks for letting us know.

I have a pair of 55 pound tusks in my family room, and I can't even begin to imagine what a pair of 100 pound tusks would look like! But like @BourbonTrail, I'm not an ivory chaser, although I love hunting elephants. I'd just as soon hunt old bulls with broken tusks or even broken off tusks . . . the hunt is the thrill.

Having said that, it's great to know that there are still bulls of this size out there. "Trophy" relatively recently used to be 50 pounds and up . . . now I'm seeing hunts advertised with expectations of 35 pounds and up, or even 30.

Kudos to Botswana for conserving their elephants so well, and for re-opening hunting. This needs to be encouraged!
Can these be currently brought to the US?

Wow some incredible trophies.

Holy crap!!!! Any idea of the age of these two elephants?
Not sure. Elephant go through six sets of molars for an average of about one every ten years. My 76 pounder was on his last set of molars, so 60+ years old. I would guess these bulls were similar or older.

View attachment 461608

Official weight is 105.6 pounds (48 KGS)
Length - 7.83 feet. 94” 238.76 cm
Circumference- 19.5” 49.5 cms.
Making this the biggest and longest tusks since the ban was lifted in 1996 in Botswana.
Leon is one of the best of the new breed of PH’s in Botswana.

B6F86EBA-96BA-4E1B-B168-4F6316A6D33A.jpeg

This just in! Another big bull, estimated to be a 70 pounder. Wow, the season just opened about a week ago!

I am green with envy... :p

Amazing that they still exist.

With Elephant population reportedly being too high in several areas, it seems logical that there should be some solid Elephant hunting going on. Who knows...maybe it will come back into the mainstream and we will get to bring the population down to sustainable levels again.

With Elephant population reportedly being too high in several areas, it seems logical that there should be some solid Elephant hunting going on. Who knows...maybe it will come back into the mainstream and we will get to bring the population down to sustainable levels again.
A lot of cow elephants would have to be hunted or culled to bring down the population.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross