1 1/8 Ounce (32 Gram) Cartridges For Geese

Frank Ragle

AH member
Reaction score
Don't normally notice the recoil until I feel my arm the next day. Anytime we have the huge flocks that winter here lock up and come in, the adrenaline is so high I can't notice.

Buckdog

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
panther shooter that appears to be lead buckshot per the marking on your boxes seems similar to what would have been lead #4 buck here in usa.
That was some good stuff many many moons ago when it was legal, various buckshot were legal for deer many moons ago when I was shall we say younger also! When it was legal long ago to use lead one could literaly knock them off at a good distance if you were a good wing shot and that stuff you have was a pass thru only needed to hit with one or 2. many many years ago I belly crawled up on a flock on the ground and line up the heads smoked 5 with a 10 ga 3 1/2 mag and lead. got a bloody nose from the recoil but it was worth it. ah the days of lead it killed em dead, enjoy those rounds wish I had some!

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
Love hunting geese here's what I've found works best for me.
IMG_20200421_171700.jpeg

A successful morning shoot on specs lessers and greenheads.
IMG_20190924_103213.jpeg

flatwater bill

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
Cls.......what a morning. BTW, those two loads have proven to be great in my 3" gun. Here is a foto of what I use on large geese in a 2 3/4 Browning. PS, these are 1 3/8 oz loads (39 grams)....each pellet weighs 6.05 grains....the same as a steel BB..........FW Bill
IMG_7248.jpg

cls

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, AHEIA
Hunted
Canada(AB, BC, SASK, NWT)), USA (WY, MN, TX), South Africa (Limpopo and Eastern Cape), Zambia
FW I'll have to give those a go in my Win 101 ou this fall when I'm out for ducks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egevalf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

ABOUT US

We believe that a hunter's experience should be cherished, and so we offer a service that honours those unique and special memories and equips you to tell your adventure story. Every part of your journey with us, from communication to craftsmanship is carefully considered in order to create an experience worth remembering.
Services Flyer 2.jpg
Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
Doc attached.
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.