ZIMBABWE: Zimbabwe With Buzz Charlton

Have a great safari, look forward to your hunt report. ZIM is on my short list to hunt.
 
I’ll be there in September and can’t wait to read your hunt details.
 
Hello everyone. So we are feet dry just crossing the coast of Angola. Two and a half hours to Joberg. Thought I’d share what I’m looking for in the animals I’m hunting.

Elephant is the primary. Trophy bull. What is a trophy to me? The older the better. Non-typical tusk would be cool. A one tusker that is heavier then most. Of course I wouldn’t pass on a 50+ pounder. Actually CMS put out a brochure in the last few years that had a bull that was ancient. Deep wrinkles, deep sunken forehead, he looked amazing- would love something like that.

Cape Buffalo- again a real old bruiser with lots of battle scars. A scrum cap would be great. Non-typical horns would be fine also. And. I won’t turn something exceptional but that’s not what I’m really looking for.

Bottom line is the experience is what is most important for me.
 
Update: traveling with ammo. Flying U.S. airlines in particular I’ve always had the ammo in a locked container buried inside my bag containing my clothes etc. Not this time. They wanted it to travel with anything except clothes. So out the ammo container came, dumped my toiletries into my main bag and put the ammo container into the bag that had contained the toiletries. They also weren’t sure if the TSA would need to open the ammo case, but I knew better. As I sit in the plane my Delta app has notified me that all three bags are on the plane and my air tags confirm that. Off to Atlanta we go.
Mind if I ask what air tags you’re using. That’s a nice peace of mind to know it’s all on your plane!
 
Quick update as I don’t have a strong Internet connection. Yesterday shot my first animal here, a Chobe Bushbuck that measured 18”.

This morning shot my elephant with a side brain shot at 18 yards. Much more detail to follow once I’m out of the bush.
 
Getting it done quicky !!
 
can't wait to hear the rest. be careful and shoot straight!
 
Oh man, waiting anxiously for the detailed hunt report. (y) (y)
 
Can’t wait to hear!!!!!!! Congratulations my friend!!!!
 
Heck yea!
 
Awesome, keep the updates and photos coming!!
 
Sounds exciting, look forward to the report!
 
Do they now have internet at the Nyakasanga camp?

I'll be there in August and it sure would be nice!
 
  • Like
Reactions: JHT
Sounds like you‘re hunt is off to a great start. An 18” bushbuck! WOW! I love those little critters. An ele at 18 yds. The .475 got it done.
I can’t wait for your hunt report. Shoot straight and stay safe.
 
The adventure begins today. Headed to the airport shortly to fly NOLA > Atlanta > Joberg, spend the night at the Intercontinental and then Harare tomorrow. Then transfer to a Cessna 206 to fly to the Nyakasanga concession for a 14 day Elephant/Cape buffalo hunt beginning Saturday.

Taking two firearms. My 1910 WJ Jeffery 475 No2 Jeffery double, and my 1914 Holland & Holland 375 H&H as a back up and plains game rifle. 60 rounds of ammo total. 40 for the double (30 solids and 10 softs) and 20 for the 375 (10 solids and 10 softs).

I used Gracy Travel as my travel agent because they are simply the best for my needs. Been using them for twenty years.

Let the adventure begin. Stay tuned.
Have a great hunt.

@SRvet and I are hunting with Charlton McCallum too in a couple of weeks. You trump us as you are hunting with Buzz himself and you get to take your own guns (UK have an embargo with Zim...)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,342
Messages
1,573,453
Members
169,749
Latest member
LeoraBoelk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top