Zimbabwe Recommendations

midwest-eagle

Reaction score
I am seeking recommendations based on past personal experience for outfitters in Zimbabwe for a buffalo and plains game rifle hunt in 2024.

There are a lot of great outfitters in Zim. But I would personally recommend Wayne Van Den Bergh of Nyamazana safaris. Great areas, very reasonable rates and an exceptional Hunter. After you take your buff make plans for a leopard with Wayne on your next safari.

Len Taylor would get my vote.

Mokore Safari. Chifuti safaris. Pete Fick Safaris . Barry Duckworth's Mokore was mine for plains and dangerous (PH was Hilton Nickols). We traveled from South Chewore to the Zambezi and camped at Chifuti for tiger fish just after Boddington had been there. Chifuti is also great, As for my present PH...Pete Fick Safaris is very very good.

Where you want to hunt in Zim will play a role in who would choose, many top notch outfitters in Zim. With a bit more details about what you have in mind, people could quickly help narrow it down a bit.

Where you want to hunt in Zim will play a role in who would choose, many top notch outfitters in Zim. With a bit more details about what you have in mind, people could quickly help narrow it down a bit.
Agreed. Target species is an important consideration for outfitter/area.

I would recommend Dalton and York if you're interested in DG- ele, buff, lep, lion. They hunt the Omay- 2 million acres on the shores of Lake Kariba. Also, they have a new area that is supposed to be very good for sable.

However, PG is tough in that area. You'll have to work for it and I wouldn't put guarantees on anything other than impala. We saw zebra and waterbuck and successfully hunted impala and bushbuck.

That said, the Omay is definitely DG country- elephant and leopard are plentiful. Hundreds of buff come over from Matusadona national park. Also, two prides of lion in the area. Hippo and croc are in every bit of water, so you can find some monsters.

So, what PG are you interested in and how much of a priority are they?

Mokore Safari. Chifuti safaris. Pete Fick Safaris . Barry Duckworth's Mokore was mine for plains and dangerous (PH was Hilton Nickols). We traveled from South Chewore to the Zambezi and camped at Chifuti for tiger fish just after Boddington had been there. Chifuti is also great, As for my present PH...Pete Fick Safaris is very very good.
Plains game in Save, Dangerous Game in South Chewore area of Zambezi Valley

Dalton McClintock. He will base out of someone else's camp whether in Save or Sengwa. What you are getting in the man himself, young, energetic, careful. He has a snout for bullalo.

The real question if elephant is a desired target is this: Who has a 3-5 year track record at the concession of funding local development, running anti-poaching, has snare counts per year, arrests per year, sources and uses of funds for all hunts, dangerous and non-dangerous game counts showing stable or growing, and can ultimately demonstrate that the taking of an elephant proved to be in the interests of the survival of the species at large.

Yeah, most of the “famous names” can’t do that, but they won’t tell you that, they’ll just say it’s fully exportable trophy elephant. If it isn’t the operator‘s concession or if they just acquired the area recently, there is no plan. It blows my mind that people are paying gigantic sums of money to famous operators for elephants that they will never get out of Zim into the USA.

Caveat emptor. Do your homework.

For Buffalo, the Bubye and Save are pretty darned good locations. Buffalo can be good in Chewore if one has the funds to hunt in the Zambezi Valley which tends to be pricey since most of the camps have been turned into photo-safari areas.

Contact me for buff/ plains game in the world famous free range matetsi units
Unrivaled free range classic dangerous game hunting. Few open slots left
Cheers

Afternoon
If you looking for a great free range hunting block with lots of dagga boys. I have a block up in northern Zimbabwe makuti safari area
This area has produced fantastic trophies over the past few years..
Please contact me at lindonstanton@yahhoo.com for competitive pricing

I am seeking recommendations based on past personal experience for outfitters in Zimbabwe for a buffalo and plains game rifle hunt in 2024.
Mbalabala safaris look at my report link in my profile description to the left of this message. We had a wonderful time.

Afternoon
If you looking for a great free range hunting block with lots of dagga boys. I have a block up in northern Zimbabwe makuti safari area
This area has produced fantastic trophies over the past few years..
Please contact me at lindonstanton@yahhoo.com for competitive pricing
This is where I hunted and we had a wonderful time wish I could go back today.

You asked for buff and PG, my recommendation is @NYAMAZANA SAFARIS, Wayne was/is an outstanding PH. He will be straight up with you on what he will/can do and even better will do all he states and more.

MB

The recommendations will depend on your budget. Price varies wildly from area to area depending on what it is. I’ve been hunting with Dalton & York in the Omay. As @rinehart0050 mentioned it is a tough area good for DG. PG os good on Impala, waterbuck, and bushbuck. Others come along but you need some days and some luck. D&Y are likely booked up for 2024 but worth a look.
@MARTIN PIETERS SAFARIS is an AH sponsor and hunts Matetsi for really good buffalo. He can put you on most anything in Zim.
The Zim PH’s are all excellent and a pleasure to hunt with.

The real question if elephant is a desired target is this: Who has a 3-5 year track record at the concession of funding local development, running anti-poaching, has snare counts per year, arrests per year, sources and uses of funds for all hunts, dangerous and non-dangerous game counts showing stable or growing, and can ultimately demonstrate that the taking of an elephant proved to be in the interests of the survival of the species at large.

Yeah, most of the “famous names” can’t do that, but they won’t tell you that, they’ll just say it’s fully exportable trophy elephant. If it isn’t the operator‘s concession or if they just acquired the area recently, there is no plan. It blows my mind that people are paying gigantic sums of money to famous operators for elephants that they will never get out of Zim into the USA.

Caveat emptor. Do your homework.

For Buffalo, the Bubye and Save are pretty darned good locations. Buffalo can be good in Chewore if one has the funds to hunt in the Zambezi Valley which tends to be pricey since most of the camps have been turned into photo-safari areas.
The Omay is in the Zambezi Valley and is of the cheapest available in Zim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.