Zimbabwe Professional Hunter and Guide Exams Nullified

Sounds like you having an argument with yourself.....not sure why you are so fkn wound up about this....and as I am sure you will most likely respond....dont expect a response....stick to collecting shit like Saab convertibles or whatever weird cars it was you were thinking were collectable....as I dont know anyone else who does.....cheers from the bush on a Friday night

Why am I wound up about this? Here's where the nexus of this type of thinking leaves us. The sentiment of appearing ethical at the expense of any individuals, even if innocent individuals get overspray or are collateral damages.

This fog of what roles and what form of justice play out every day at SCI and ZPHGA and I'd like crystalized policies and clarity on "whom are their clientele".

Examples:

-The Cecil debacle. The charges were nonsensical but whether they held merit or not, SCI and ZPHGA should have said "we have no tolerance for any wildlife misconduct and as such, AFTER a conviction of guilt occurs we will banish any member involved.

-With the exam test takers. ZPHGA proudly stated they struck test scores so that no cheater ever gets away with it.

In both examples, the concern of appearance trumped due process, facts, and sincere interest in never harming an innocent party.

When we opt to participate in safari activities we have no sense of safety with the mentalities demonstrated above. All it will take, all it has taken, is an accusation without conviction and we will embarrass, convict in the court of public opinion, or slander our own.

The end result:

While leaders believe they are preserving the sport and ensuring it's future by their immediate reaction to accusation, every time they do it they amputate a part of the sport hunting body. Over time you look back and it is just a stumpy torso as different people, practices, and methods have been cast out of the community. This is EXACTLY what the anti's want because they are indeed eating away at our solidarity as hunters a piece at a time.

The prior respondent's reaction is a perfect example:

Personal attacks and a desire to stop conversation is viewed as desirable. Sunshine is a great disinfectant. Incidents are a great source of lessons learned and public policy declarations on such matters. Public policies and procedures are important for maintenance and trust for one another if we want the sport and the wildlife to survive in the future.

That's why it matters.

Why am I wound up about this? Here's where the nexus of this type of thinking leaves us. The sentiment of appearing ethical at the expense of any individuals, even if innocent individuals get overspray or are collateral damages.

This fog of what roles and what form of justice play out every day at SCI and ZPHGA and I'd like crystalized policies and clarity on "whom are their clientele".

Examples:

-The Cecil debacle. The charges were nonsensical but whether they held merit or not, SCI and ZPHGA should have said "we have no tolerance for any wildlife misconduct and as such, AFTER a conviction of guilt occurs we will banish any member involved.

-With the exam test takers. ZPHGA proudly stated they struck test scores so that no cheater ever gets away with it.

In both examples, the concern of appearance trumped due process, facts, and sincere interest in never harming an innocent party.

When we opt to participate in safari activities we have no sense of safety with the mentalities demonstrated above. All it will take, all it has taken, is an accusation without conviction and we will embarrass, convict in the court of public opinion, or slander our own.

The end result:

While leaders believe they are preserving the sport and ensuring it's future by their immediate reaction to accusation, every time they do it they amputate a part of the sport hunting body. Over time you look back and it is just a stumpy torso as different people, practices, and methods have been cast out of the community. This is EXACTLY what the anti's want because they are indeed eating away at our solidarity as hunters a piece at a time.

The prior respondent's reaction is a perfect example:

Personal attacks and a desire to stop conversation is viewed as desirable. Sunshine is a great disinfectant. Incidents are a great source of lessons learned and public policy declarations on such matters. Public policies and procedures are important for maintenance and trust for one another if we want the sport and the wildlife to survive in the future.

That's why it matters.

Ok I will reply as am sat having a great time at my bar in the bush.....but please as you are so so intellectual and jacked up ( and there I am not being facetious...but I consider you are) please forgive sake can you condense that and out it into a little short bit so I can read it...as you get so carried away with your intellectual capabilities you leave some of us simple people looking at your post and going ....mmmm....fk that I wish I was in simple English and in a simple preci for us peasants....

Ok I will reply as am sat having a great time at my bar in the bush.....but please as you are so so intellectual and jacked up ( and there I am not being facetious...but I consider you are) please forgive sake can you condense that and out it into a little short bit so I can read it...as you get so carried away with your intellectual capabilities you leave some of us simple people looking at your post and going ....mmmm....fk that I wish I was in simple English and in a simple preci for us peasants....

Layman's terms in a metaphor: when you cut out cancerous tissue recklessly you remove healthy tissue as well. Too many hasty procedures in a row and you're left with no body.

No one notices precedent and where it leads in a moment of haste, during a crisis, with the best of intentions.

Layman's terms in a metaphor: when you cut out cancerous tissue recklessly you remove healthy tissue as well. Too many hasty procedures in a row and you're left with no body.

No one notices precedent and where it leads in a moment of haste, during a crisis, with the best of intentions.
But @rookhawk, it seems you're suggesting here that you should leave the cancerous tissue in if there's a risk of taking healthy tissue out. I'm not sure that's advice you'd ever get from a doctor (unless it was one who cheated on his exams!).

n America, our entire society is built completely the opposite as is evidence by our criminal justice system. Better to let a few murderers get away with it than to arrest or execute a single innocent man.
Actually, this is a paraphrase from English common law - better than two guilty people go free than an innocent man be convicted. The US adopted this from England, so it was hardly an American concept or invention.

But that aside, this principle has still never (realizing that we can't ever say never) been applied to things like professional exams or university exams, stc. In fact, as I already said, voiding all exam results, for the guilty as well as the innocent, is the default position in America as well as elsewhere.

Really, there are plenty of reasons to crap on Zimbabwe, but this isn't one of them. It sounds like this was as well-handled as you could expect, regardless of where the situation occurred.

"faire d’une mouche un éléphant" I admit to being a bit of a Francophile.

To help those prone to suffering from catastrophic beliefs, cognitive tools have been developed to promote ‘de-catastrophising’ (Knaus & Carlson, 2014; Whalley, 2017). It’s well known that acceptance is the first step towards recovery, and the same is true for catastrophic beliefs (Knaus, 2012). Accepting that you experience catastrophic thoughts and not placing blame on yourself is a crucial step towards breaking the cycle. Stopping and reflecting on these thoughts can help you see the bigger picture. Ask yourself what’s actually happening here? Is the leap you’ve made logical? Or are you fixating on something awful yet unlikely? Breaking out of this cycle of blame and judgement is not easy and may require professional help to guide you through de-catastrophising techniques.
Anonymous | 17 May 2021 The Brain Domaine

;) :A Outta:

Well played sir, apropos and hilarious at the same time.

Spike, I want some of what you’re drinking dude!

ST, I am going to get to your pub one day when my Series 1 eventually crosses the drift, then we can talk kak deluxe. You are invited too Rook, we make it an epic safari.

On this exam thing, I have a friend who was one of the agrieved candidates and his reaction might be a lesson to all of us cantancerous old bulls - "all experience and I get to prep for longer". Said with a happy smile by the way.

Congratulations to him Kevin.

The results are out, I'll get the stats on how many passed or failed, but my God son passed, so another PH in the pipeline and this one will be very good.
Wonderful news.

Congratulations, to your godson and to all of the applicants who passed. I also encourage those that did not pass to study and try again. I have heard from a reliable source that this second exam was the toughest ever written!

Congrats Kevin!

Very cool..... Zim PHs are the best in the world. Always glad to see the tradition continue with new fine young men.

Hi Kevin,

Does he know who he will apprentice under?
Again congratulations to him!
Next step the shooting test, be sure he is aware of the points deduction for using less than .40 caliber. Maybe you should buy him a .404j. Ha! Ha!

Hi Kevin,

Does he know who he will apprentice under?
Again congratulations to him!
Next step the shooting test, be sure he is aware of the points deduction for using less than .40 caliber. Maybe you should buy him a .404j. Ha! Ha!
Thanks Lon. He joined the crew at Fothergill Island, that will certainly tick the guiding box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg