ZIMBABWE: Hunting The BVC In Zimbabwe For Buffalo, John Sharp Safaris Exceeding Expectations

What an awesome buff, thick and heavy!! Congrats Cody!

When I heard Dave call Cody’s bull in over the radio, I cried with joy.

It couldn’t have been much more than an hour earlier, while John and I were having one of our many philosophical discussions, that I had honestly told John that if there was only one buffalo taken on this trip, I wanted Cody to get it.

Brother, you made my trip when you took that Bull! :)

Awesome job by you and your team!!

When I heard Dave call Cody’s bull in over the radio, I cried with joy.

It couldn’t have been much more than an hour earlier, while John and I were having one of our many philosophical discussions, that I had honestly told John that if there was only one buffalo taken on this trip, I wanted Cody to get it.

Brother, you made my trip when you took that Bull! :)

Awesome job by you and your team!!
Couldn’t have enjoyed the trip more my friend! Thank you! Well if that beautiful little blond in J’burg would have come with us I might have enjoyed it just a little more! Lol

Proper!

That is a fricking awesome Buff!!! Memories for life! thanks for the great story.

.....One shot with the Pre-64 30-06 and verified,......

I am glad you took this little gem. There was someone watching over your hunt that was overjoyed every time you picked the "06" up!!!

What a fantastic buff. Well done and congratulations!

Looking forward to reading more from both of you.

Congratulations on a great bull. Looking forward to the rest of the report guys!

I am glad you took this little gem. There was someone watching over your hunt that was overjoyed every time you picked the "06" up!!!

What a fantastic buff. Well done and congratulations!

Looking forward to reading more from both of you.
Yes Bob, I’m sure he was! It is a special thing to be given a gift like that knowing how much it meant to him. Makes me smile every time I handle it and remember the enjoyment I got out of Clayton’s friendship. Another cool thing about that rifle I may have not mentioned was that in the 50’s when it was originally purchased, it was bought at a gun store in Montana about 50 miles away from where I grew up. Kind of fitting it will reside there once again God willing and this damn Texas heat don’t kill me first

That's a great Cape Buffalo, well done.

Thanks guys!

Great buff Cody!! Any comments regarding the A-Frames?

Great buff Cody!! Any comments regarding the A-Frames?
The A-Frame performance was just as expected, as soon as I get my camera downloaded I will post those pictures. Bullet entered center on a rib, passed through the upper portion of the heart and causing substantial damage to the near lung then crushed the far shoulder and stopping on the far side. Bullet retained weight was 467.4 grains (93.5%). Bullet expansion was perfect, but wait until I get to the Impala story! The plot thickens.

Great “Obama” bull and a great hunt Cody. You guys are making me think I need to get my butt back to the BVC!

Great “Obama” bull and a great hunt Cody. You guys are making me think I need to get my butt back to the BVC!

Out of respect for political correctness I think we should refer to it as the "44th President of the United States, Barack Obama" bull.

Who's with me on this?

:A Outta:

Out of respect for political correctness I think we should refer to it as the "44th President of the United States, Barack Obama" bull.

Who's with me on this?

:A Outta:
Well it was more geared toward the she-male wife but I am a fair and PC guy of the 70’s so I will edit it buddy!

Ok...so Cody has a stud bull down and we had to pull out some of that fancy single malt stuff. Now we are all high as kites. That stuff has a lot more kick than a 450 Dakota!

John and I are convinced Cody will take at least a full day to come to the complete realization that he just managed a nice one-shot kill on the bull of a lifetime!

Cody and Dave....a hell of a team! Not to mention funny as hell at the dinner table. Dinner took twice as long as it was supposed to, with all the storytelling and belly laughs!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stitchcart

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg