ZIMBABWE Hunting Information

I would assure you the game in Zimbabwe is accustomed to the heat and droughts. It is part of life there.

But still illegal...
a directflight to Zimb.with a gun --yes
checkout in Joburg ,gun also, and than further--- no.
Nothing will change with the embargo.
Conditions under the current president are as bad as ever.
@ revturbo
But Kariba has no big elephants.
It is an exception to catch a 40 pounder there.
@ Jäger IVo
if you are independent of time and want to go to Hangwe.
Ask for the" Black Train" and then get on the plane when they are there

Last edited:
a directflight to Zimb.with a gun --yes
checkout in Joburg ,gun also, and than further--- no.
Nothing will change with the embargo.
Conditions under the current president are as bad as ever.
@ revturbo
But Kariba has no big elephants.
It is an exception to catch a 40 pounder there.
@ Jäger IVo
if you are independent of time and want to go to Hangwe.
Ask for the" Black Train" and then get on the plane when they are there
BESCHLUSS 2011/101/GASP DES RATES vom 15. Februar 2011 über restriktive Maßnahmen angesichts der Lage in Simbabwe.

Artikel 2

(1) Der Verkauf, die Lieferung, die Weitergabe oder die Ausfuhr von Rüstungsgütern und damit verbundenem Material jeglicher Art, einschließlich Waffen und Munition, Militärfahrzeugen und -ausrüstung, paramilitärischer Ausrüstung und entsprechender Ersatzteile sowie Ausrüstungen, die zur internen Repression verwendet werden könnten, an bzw. nach Simbabwe
a)
durch Staatsangehörige der Mitgliedstaaten,...

Besitzen Sie einen EU-Pass? Dann spielt es keine Rolle, wohin Sie reisen und wie oft Sie umsteigen.

Do you have an EU passport? Then it doesn't matter where you travel and how many times you transfer.

The sale, delivery, transfer or export of the goods..............

You see problems where there are none.
Hunting weapons are neither delivery nor export.
Countless hunters from the EU fly with their hunting weapons over Joburg (to check out there) to Zimbabwe
No one has broken the law.

I won't argue, I'm not a lawyer. I will only give my opinion (and the opinion of my lawyer- not expert for internation law) on the official document, which few have read in its entirety. I would just hate for people looking for information here on forum to be confused and have problems.
It's one thing if something is legal or not, it's another thing that someone is checking it or not. There is also a difference between arguing with a lawyer in the office and with a police officer at the airport who can prevent you from flying just because he has a different opinion. This can ruin your whole trip. I wouldn't travel with my own gun - especially now that the embargo has been extended again. But that's just my opinion and view of the matter, I'm not saying it's correct. Maybe you're right, I don't know. I myself hope that they will cancel it and one day I will buy a gun for a dangerous game and travel there with it.

If you are from the USA, you cannot have Zimbabwe as your final destination if connecting thru the UK or the EU. Your final destination is somewhere else in Africa. You get a second separate reservation to Zimbabwe. You don’t have this problem if using a Gulf carrier. However, if using Qatar you will need a separate reservation if flying on any other carrier other then Qatar.

On my way to the airport, vic falls 2 days ago crops dead or dying. Food aid will make up for that (but thats another story.

How bad this drought will be nobody knows. For our hunters we will be more successful than usual because we have poured whatever we have made back into our conservancy. We pump about 200,000 liters a day for our animals.

I might add a greenie group tried to introduce game next to our conservancy were without water. The only ones that survived were the ones that made it into our hunting area.

Lon

So, I'm just doing a check off list of the forms/papers need to make the trip to Zim go smoother. I've been doing quite a bit of research, so hopefully I've got them all covered.

Prior to leaving US:
* SAPS 520. * CBP Form 4457. *Form F.R. 20
*Letter of Motivation. *Letter of Invitation

After the Hunt:
* Return Form TR2. * NP 11 Form
* PH Valid License copy

And can anyone give me some insight if I should look into doing the Global Rescue Membership?

Please feel free to let me know if I've forgot any necessary documents or have something the isn't necessary.

Thanks

Maybe I missed it. The Temporary Visa upon entry. Back in 2021, so I'll have to look back at my notes, I think the Visa was $40.00USD or $80.00USD.

I am thinking about the buffalo around Hwange in the near future. That's why I'm asking what it looks like there currently.
I hunted a buffalo near Hwange November 2023. We saw two dead elephants over the course of the hunt. The Game Ranger said 1 was stuck by lighting and previously reported, and the other was a young cow that got stuck in the mud and couldn’t get out. We witnessed lions feeding on that carcass. We observed hundreds of different elephants over the course of my hunt as well as a bunch of buffalo.

I wouldn’t hesitate to hunt the area again and am currently discussing a hunt with a buddy for later this year or next year to the same area.

As for the Rifle, I flew DFW to Harare on Qatar with zero issues. Vic Falls to Harare and I wasn’t even questioned on ammo counts (likely because it was an internal flight). They did ask in Harare but I said I like to pull the trigger and showed them pictures of a lot of guinea fowl and got no additional questions

Maybe I missed it. The Temporary Visa upon entry. Back in 2021, so I'll have to look back at my notes, I think the Visa was $40.00USD or $80.00USD.
I believe it was $30 in 2023. I’ll try and remember to check my notes this weekend

On the basis of stupidity. Baggage handlers in Jo'Burg forwarded my guns to SAPS even though they were to check though to Zim. So they sat at SAPS for two days until someone found them through an extensive search.

Fly from US to Harare directly on a premium carrier with only a connection in Dubai and you'll be fine. Dubai doesn't make many mistakes with weapon transport. Oh, and business class on Emirates costs very little more than coach on most carriers and it happens to be arguably the most prestigious airline in the world.

I went through Doha to Jo'berg arriving around 0500. My firearms went to SAPS, but I was aware of it prior to leaving the US since it was a transfer to Harare.

My flight from O.R.Tambo to Harare departed at around 1000hrs (?) that same day to Harare.

I ended up with a 30 day firearms permit vs the original 14 day permit which made things a lot easier upon my return to Jo'berg and on to PE later that afternoon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpattern007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.