Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Saskatoon Gun Dog Club
Hunted
Canada, USA, Germany, South Africa, Namibia
Hank2211, your comments above appear to be correct. I wrote a note to the Canadian Export controls office, explaining I may go on a multi-country Africa trip, starting in South Africa and going on from there. Asked if I needed an export permit to include subsequent countries, this was the answer I received:
"Whatever country you go from after SA is up to you but you take care of whatever requirements that country has on the export of FA and related materials to that other country and so on "
If someone feels comfortable with that explanation they could probably land in SA and go on to Zimbabwe and it's unlikely that they would be prosecuted. But I think I'm going to rent a rifle in Zimbabwe. Being convicted of international arms smuggling is not something I aspire to.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I cannot speak for Canada, but from the U.S.A. there is no problem temporarily exporting sporting firearms into Zimbabwe. Military style? camoflage is illegal anywhere in Zimbabwe and not recommended saying that I wear a camo baseball cap sometimes shirt, or shorts, if I had a camo backpack I would not be concerned! Here in Zimbabwe ten years ago, I would very much have shied away from any camo. Trust me your not going to be put in a position where National Parks is going to mistake you as a poacher. A few years back N.P. shot and killed two PHs standing next to their Land Cruiser wearing brightly colored T shirts, this took place by the boomgate at the entrance to Mana Pools, oh they were assisting N.P. on transporting a N.P. anti-poaching team.

We always have a fully charged Sat Phone in our camp, which can be charged by generator, solar or cigarette lighter.

rookhawk

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
I cannot speak for Canada, but from the U.S.A. there is no problem temporarily exporting sporting firearms into Zimbabwe. Military style? camoflage is illegal anywhere in Zimbabwe and not recommended saying that I wear a camo baseball cap sometimes shirt, or shorts, if I had a camo backpack I would not be concerned! Here in Zimbabwe ten years ago, I would very much have shied away from any camo. Trust me your not going to be put in a position where National Parks is going to mistake you as a poacher. A few years back N.P. shot and killed two PHs standing next to their Land Cruiser wearing brightly colored T shirts, this took place by the boomgate at the entrance to Mana Pools, oh they were assisting N.P. on transporting a N.P. anti-poaching team.

We always have a fully charged Sat Phone in our camp, which can be charged by generator, solar or cigarette lighter.

absolutley recommend Tokoloshe / Lon Denney.

if sh*t hits the fan you have high chances of survival with Tokoloshe. What they have: 2-3 PHs onsite with formal training in first aid and crisis management. 1-2 sat phones to call in for an emergency situation. Backup generators and primary generators. Multiple impeccably serviced vehicles with numerous spare tires.

all safaris and travel includes risk, but how that risk is mitigated matters greatly. Most PHs in Zim do not have half the contingency management abilities as Tokoloshe.

but what do I know? With other operations I’ve seen a thing or two. What’s the difference? Well, I’ve been stranded in the Zambezi with a PH who didn’t know how to troubleshoot a boat motor. (I fixed it) I’ve been stuck with flat tires where PHs couldn’t unlock the spares. (I showed him how to rope compress a tire and break a lock) I’ve been stuck on one side of a flowing river where they could not get most vehicles to the other side. No sat phones. No radios. Etc!

none of the nonsense above would happen with Tokoloshe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelbaThibo

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh