ZIMBABWE: Headed To Dande In Sept With Charlton McCallum Safaris

I’m glad you started this thread. I’m getting excited about my trip now every time I read this. I don’t normally count days. I usually just let it surprise me, but hard not to think about it now.
75 days now. :) We should both have some good stories to tell!

I am also hunting Buffalo with CMS around the same time. I leave aug 7th, and return aug 20th. Your sable is reserved as a buff and sable hunt.

I only booked a buff hunt, no sable, and wouldn't be allowed to take one even if I had the TF money ready to go... I would assume.

I am flying Ethiopian.

I am also hunting Buffalo with CMS around the same time. I leave aug 7th, and return aug 20th. Your sable is reserved as a buff and sable hunt.
Which camp will you be at as I will be there at that time.

Anyone hunting Nyakasanga w CMS this year?

I only booked a buff hunt, no sable, and wouldn't be allowed to take one even if I had the TF money ready to go... I would assume.

I am flying Ethiopian.
Good luck VonJager! We'll arrive in camp on Aug 28th.

I am starting at Mkanga and then moving to other camps during the 21 days I am there depending on game. 42 days until wheels up.
Exciting! Good luck Tanks.

Which camp will you be at as I will be there at that time.
I am fishing the first 2 days landing on the 9th, so the 10th and 11th. Jetlag sorting, and scheduling buffer. So I think for those days at least I would be at Matombo?

Dean Kendall is my scheduled PH. I did not request a certain camp, as it is my first trip to Zim, and let them pick for me. So our paths may cross!

Anyone hunting Nyakasanga w CMS this year?
They never brought up Nyakasanga when I booked my trip at DSC. Maybe the send most of their first time hunters to Dande?

Nyakasanga costs more I believe, and maybe more specialized?

You will be leaving as I am coming back (leave the 28th of July, return August 23rd). I am taking Emirates as well, from LAX, arrangements made by Lori (RIP) of Travel Express.

Buzz & Co. are having me spend a night at both ends of the trip at Amanzi lodge as well. It is supposed to be a decent place though all I will need is a bed after a 9 hour flight inbound and a 6 hour drive outbound.

Originally I was going to leave the day after the hunting, drive to Harare, get PCR testing and results in time for my flight back home. However, I thought to myself: "This is Zimbabwe where unexpected can happen" , so decided to spend a night in order to make sure I get the PCR test results in time.

I'll make sure I leave behind a hard boss buffalo and decent size sable for you. ;)
There is a PCR test centre at Chisipite shopping centre just up the road from Amanzi, very reliable.

Nyakasanga costs more I believe, and maybe more specialized?

Less specialized I would think. Lots of PG, leopard and buff. Not sure about elephant. Dande is awesome but not much PG if that is important to you.

Dean Kendall is my scheduled PH. I did not request a certain camp, as it is my first trip to Zim, and let them pick for me. So our paths may cross!
I didn't ask for a specific camp either, they told me I'd start there.

and now this......

Zimbabwe is quarantining the northern area of the country boarding Zambia. Reading a statement from President Emmerson Mnangagwa on national television Thursday night, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga said Zimbabwe had noticed a sharp spike in cases of COVID-19 in Zambia and in the areas near its northern neighbor.

"I therefore direct that the following measures be implemented in order to control the spread of COVID-19 in these areas: Curfew from 1800 hours to 0600 hours," Chiwenga said. "Entry or exit into these districts is prohibited except for essential services. Public transport to carry half their carrying capacity to enable physical distancing. Every public transport vehicle be disinfected after every trip.”

I have a query out to Buzz and Myles. A lot can change in the 2 months before I leave. But this might impact those headed there sooner than me. More to come.

and now this......

Zimbabwe is quarantining the northern area of the country boarding Zambia. Reading a statement from President Emmerson Mnangagwa on national television Thursday night, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga said Zimbabwe had noticed a sharp spike in cases of COVID-19 in Zambia and in the areas near its northern neighbor.

"I therefore direct that the following measures be implemented in order to control the spread of COVID-19 in these areas: Curfew from 1800 hours to 0600 hours," Chiwenga said. "Entry or exit into these districts is prohibited except for essential services. Public transport to carry half their carrying capacity to enable physical distancing. Every public transport vehicle be disinfected after every trip.”

I have a query out to Buzz and Myles. A lot can change in the 2 months before I leave. But this might impact those headed there sooner than me. More to come.
WOW...a super fast response from Myle....no worries.

"Hi,

So far so good. There are only road blocks limiting traffic that is not passing through some towns but no where near Dande which is in the North East. Airports and all flights still as normal thankfully. I am driving through the one town Karoi (going to a different area) on Tuesday but with my parks permit expect no trouble.

No affect on operations at all.

All the best

Myles

Keep an eye on your flights. Flights from Zambia to Dubai have been suspended, but the flight from Dubai to Lusaka onwards to Harare continues as of now.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/help/travel-updates/

I don't think they will see your stopover in Lusaka on the way to Harare as you connecting in Zambia, as you won't leave the plane. I would also guess that all this will change again in the next two months, so keep an eye on it (which I'm sure you do!)

In line with UAE government directives, Emirates will be suspending passenger flights from Zambia and Uganda to Dubai, effective 2359hrs on 11 June 2021, until further notice. Emirates flights from Dubai to Lusaka, continuing on to Harare and flights from Dubai to Entebbe will continue to operate as normal.

Furthermore, passengers who have connected through Zambia and Uganda in the last 14 days will not be accepted to travel from any other point to the UAE.

Keep an eye on your flights. Flights from Zambia to Dubai have been suspended, but the flight from Dubai to Lusaka onwards to Harare continues as of now.

https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/help/travel-updates/

I don't think they will see your stopover in Lusaka on the way to Harare as you connecting in Zambia, as you won't leave the plane. I would also guess that all this will change again in the next two months, so keep an eye on it (which I'm sure you do!)
Thanks Steven. I checked with Gracey Travel a few days ago and they confirmed that the flights to and from Dubai and Harare are operating as scheduled. That are stopping in Lusaka to offload and onload cargo, but not passengers.

Thanks Steven. I checked with Gracey Travel a few days ago and they confirmed that the flights to and from Dubai and Harare are operating as scheduled. That are stopping in Lusaka to offload and onload cargo, but not passengers.
Stephen that is! Sorry.

WOW...a super fast response from Myle....no worries.

"Hi,

So far so good. There are only road blocks limiting traffic that is not passing through some towns but no where near Dande which is in the North East. Airports and all flights still as normal thankfully. I am driving through the one town Karoi (going to a different area) on Tuesday but with my parks permit expect no trouble.

No affect on operations at all.

All the best

Myles
It’s amazing how good communication makes the difference. I’m glad he responded so quick, you had me worried, still concerned, but better now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross