- Nov 18, 2015
- Reaction score
- Member of
- SCI, NRA
- Namibia (X2), Zambia
Good luck VonJager! We'll arrive in camp on Aug 28th.I am also hunting Buffalo with CMS around the same time. I leave aug 7th, and return aug 20th. Your sable is reserved as a buff and sable hunt.
I only booked a buff hunt, no sable, and wouldn't be allowed to take one even if I had the TF money ready to go... I would assume.
I am flying Ethiopian.
I am fishing the first 2 days landing on the 9th, so the 10th and 11th. Jetlag sorting, and scheduling buffer. So I think for those days at least I would be at Matombo?Which camp will you be at as I will be there at that time.
There is a PCR test centre at Chisipite shopping centre just up the road from Amanzi, very reliable.You will be leaving as I am coming back (leave the 28th of July, return August 23rd). I am taking Emirates as well, from LAX, arrangements made by Lori (RIP) of Travel Express.
Buzz & Co. are having me spend a night at both ends of the trip at Amanzi lodge as well. It is supposed to be a decent place though all I will need is a bed after a 9 hour flight inbound and a 6 hour drive outbound.
Originally I was going to leave the day after the hunting, drive to Harare, get PCR testing and results in time for my flight back home. However, I thought to myself: "This is Zimbabwe where unexpected can happen" , so decided to spend a night in order to make sure I get the PCR test results in time.
I'll make sure I leave behind a hard boss buffalo and decent size sable for you.
WOW...a super fast response from Myle....no worries.and now this......
Zimbabwe is quarantining the northern area of the country boarding Zambia. Reading a statement from President Emmerson Mnangagwa on national television Thursday night, Vice President Constantino Chiwenga said Zimbabwe had noticed a sharp spike in cases of COVID-19 in Zambia and in the areas near its northern neighbor.
"I therefore direct that the following measures be implemented in order to control the spread of COVID-19 in these areas: Curfew from 1800 hours to 0600 hours," Chiwenga said. "Entry or exit into these districts is prohibited except for essential services. Public transport to carry half their carrying capacity to enable physical distancing. Every public transport vehicle be disinfected after every trip.”
Zimbabwe has announced stricter coronavirus measures along its northern border with Zambia after a spike in confirmed infections.www.voanews.com
I have a query out to Buzz and Myles. A lot can change in the 2 months before I leave. But this might impact those headed there sooner than me. More to come.
In line with UAE government directives, Emirates will be suspending passenger flights from Zambia and Uganda to Dubai, effective 2359hrs on 11 June 2021, until further notice. Emirates flights from Dubai to Lusaka, continuing on to Harare and flights from Dubai to Entebbe will continue to operate as normal.
Furthermore, passengers who have connected through Zambia and Uganda in the last 14 days will not be accepted to travel from any other point to the UAE.
Thanks Steven. I checked with Gracey Travel a few days ago and they confirmed that the flights to and from Dubai and Harare are operating as scheduled. That are stopping in Lusaka to offload and onload cargo, but not passengers.Keep an eye on your flights. Flights from Zambia to Dubai have been suspended, but the flight from Dubai to Lusaka onwards to Harare continues as of now.
I don't think they will see your stopover in Lusaka on the way to Harare as you connecting in Zambia, as you won't leave the plane. I would also guess that all this will change again in the next two months, so keep an eye on it (which I'm sure you do!)
It’s amazing how good communication makes the difference. I’m glad he responded so quick, you had me worried, still concerned, but better now.WOW...a super fast response from Myle....no worries.
So far so good. There are only road blocks limiting traffic that is not passing through some towns but no where near Dande which is in the North East. Airports and all flights still as normal thankfully. I am driving through the one town Karoi (going to a different area) on Tuesday but with my parks permit expect no trouble.
No affect on operations at all.
All the best