Zimbabwe forms

Rakman

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
First trip to Zim for leopard coming up. I always like to be sure I’m getting all the correct paper work for my hunts and feel it’s my responsibility to be educated on what I should see.

What paperwork should I see at the start of the hunt and the conclusion? I know there is a Zim info page but it’s pretty old and I’m not sure how updated it is so wanted to confirm

Is the NP11 form still used? It’s shown in the Zim info thread but some of that info is dated and i am unfamiliar with the NP11.

Im familiar with the TR2, Hunt return form. Ill be sure to get a copy of the PH license.

Thanks for any help and advice.

First trip to Zim for leopard coming up. I always like to be sure I’m getting all the correct paper work for my hunts and feel it’s my responsibility to be educated on what I should see.

What paperwork should I see at the start of the hunt and the conclusion? I know there is a Zim info page but it’s pretty old and I’m not sure how updated it is so wanted to confirm

Is the NP11 form still used? It’s shown in the Zim info thread but some of that info is dated and i am unfamiliar with the NP11.

Im familiar with the TR2, Hunt return form. Ill be sure to get a copy of the PH license.

...pull up Zimbabwe Visitors Firearms forms. I don't believe they have changed in thirty years. They want three copies. Most of the Zim carbon paper is rather poor. Make three copies at home, and present them to the officer when you arrive in Zim.

Good luck

Hi Rackman. I was in Zim last Aug. Between Gracy Travel and my outfitter (Charlton McCallum Safaris) all of the paperwork was provided to me well before the trip. I didn’t hunt Leopard, so I have no experience with the CITIES permit.

CMS sent me a letter of invitation that I needed for my airline firearms declaration. The also sent a Visa form. You get your visa upon arrival but completing the form ahead of arrival will save some time.

Gracy sent me the airline firearms paperwork from Emirates. There were two forms, a Firearms Declaration, and an Ammunition Declaration. Also, the Zimbabwe firearms import permit. Later they sent me my itinerary and eticket. They also sent a raft of COVID forms that I don’t think you wI’ll have to worry about.

After the hunt there’s not much to do, except settle up and then months later, arranging for trophy shipment. Your shipper in Zim will send you some forms to check for accuracy, then quote the shipping (brace yourself) then ship. I still don’t have my trophy and I shot it last August! Looks like the waybill was issued today. Fingers crossed.

Hi Rackman. I was in Zim last Aug. Between Gracy Travel and my outfitter (Charlton McCallum Safaris) all of the paperwork was provided to me well before the trip. I didn’t hunt Leopard, so I have no experience with the CITIES permit.

CMS sent me a letter of invitation that I needed for my airline firearms declaration. The also sent a Visa form. You get your visa upon arrival but completing the form ahead of arrival will save some time.

Gracy sent me the airline firearms paperwork from Emirates. There were two forms, a Firearms Declaration, and an Ammunition Declaration. Also, the Zimbabwe firearms import permit. Later they sent me my itinerary and eticket. They also sent a raft of COVID forms that I don’t think you wI’ll have to worry about.

After the hunt there’s not much to do, except settle up and then months later, arranging for trophy shipment. Your shipper in Zim will send you some forms to check for accuracy, then quote the shipping (brace yourself) then ship. I still don’t have my trophy and I shot it last August! Looks like the waybill was issued today. Fingers crossed.
Thank you I'm good with the actual rifle permits and the Visa stuff. My questions surround the hunting permits themselves, what is the hunter supposed to have in Zim, and then what is needed documentation wise to get a leopard home.
I know that the outfitter should have these things in order...i have done a lot of hunting with outfitters...for piece of mind i like to know what i am supposed to have so i can identify it or ask to see it and this is my first trip to Zimbabwe. thanks

I’ve never concerned myself with permits. If they are a reputable outfitter they will have all that in hand before you arrive. This was the case in Zim last year.

As I understand it, you need to apply to the USFW for the importation permit for the leopard preferably before your trip. The Zim export permit will be handled by your exporter…usually someone chosen by the outfitter.

Who are you hunting with?

Did emirates allow your ammunition to be stored in your rifle case or did it need to be separate?

Separate. Locked hard ammo carrier. I did put it inside my duffle.

I’ve pulled up the latest Zim permit forms and completed them with 5 copies the past 10 trips to Zim. Not once would they accept them, they want to use transfer ink in their official book. Same with the printed Zim 47 form where you declare your money when entering.

Basically, have it all ready and be prepared that it all is done over again in the customs line (it takes an hour) to redo things again. They are all too afraid to think and would prefer you not throw them for a loop with papers that aren’t already bound in their books or printed on the correct color background. The fact you pulled them from a government website is not sufficient to overcome their unease.

You will also have to declare the amount of currency you are bringing to Zim - also when leaving. They can be serious about the amount - be accurate especially if it is a large amount. My P.H. settles up later with a wire transfer to a US account so I don't need to bring large quantities. Good luck and let us know how it went! My Zim leopard from last July just got in to my local taxidermist! Agreed you can start your leopard permit before going but there is a lot of information needed you won't have until you have him on the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross