ZIMBABWE: Bad Leopard Hunt West Nicholson Zimbabwe

Gavin, you're right....whatever we need to do to conserve our Leopard should be at the top of the priority list!
I'll try the link again.
Leopard are not as threatened by legal hunters as by illegal ones.
The offtake required for the KZN traditional healers and 'royals' far outweighs the hunt off take. (6000 + market) Thus I believe the whole of the southern african region is being affected by this demand. Perhaps it's time they started breeding them captively like the Lion scenario to ensure a wild population?
The issues will remain there until such time as a more holistic approach is used by the game dept's to the detriment of the species!

Panthera published a paper - applicability of age-based hunting regulations for African leopards (PLOS ONE: Applicability of Age-Based Hunting Regulations for African Leopards) - which documents the necessity to harvest mature males only.

I completed this research survey and found it challenging to say the least. I did pretty well, considering I had not ever hunted a Leopard myself.
It provides some great training.

More educated hunters will lead to better management from "our" side.

Ole Bally, glad you got it open but certainly not mine to take any credit for.

Ole Bally here is another pick that is relevant to your expressed concerns regarding the illegal Leopard skin trade:

Panthera

gavin & ole bally

yes, the illegal trade in leopard skins in africa is a very sad story but unfortunately a reality and truely shocking...

73324_448821673537_6319798_n_zpsa532b6f2.jpg
[/IMG]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross