Zimbabwe 2019 only a little more than 1 week out!

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Eastern Cape, Free State, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda
Well folks, I'm heading back over for another safari in a little more than 1 week and excited! I am blessed to be able to take the time it requires off of work to do trips like this! I am also blessed that this will be my 7th trip to the African continent, the 6th for hunting!!

I have been to Zim once before in 2017 in the southern part of the country, this time around I will be in the north on Lake Kariba!! I will be joined by friends @whitetail and @JKO Hunting Safaris and really looking forward to sharing camp with them.

For the first time I am really doing a "what Africa gives you" type of trip after the 1-2 species I am specifically targeting. I will be after DG (2 or 3 species in mind), and on the lookout for any PG of opportunities such as hyena, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, and klippy!

I will start a hunt report thread asap once I return (y)

Oh my am I envious! Go get ‘em! We’ll be anxiously waiting for your report!
Best of luck and I like the idea of taking what Africa offers, especially DG! Very exciting!

Best of luck Charles

Good luck and safe travels!

Good luck Charles!

We have been counting down the days basically for about 8 months and now it’s finally time!!!. Going to be an epic adventure for sure buddy!!! Really looking forward to hunting again with Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris. And couldn’t agree more- this will be my first “take what the Dark Continent gives you” as well- but the also with the 3 DG species I have in mind . We must not forget our sunscreen and DEET!!!

Good luck Charles!

Hey buddy- I really am going to be hosting a gathering within the next couple months when I’m back from Zim. My taxidermist is mounting a few pieces for me now so the trophy room looks a lil more “complete” (he still has several to do from last summer still lol)... The Castle Lite is already stocked in the fridge and Amarula by the bar . We’ll have a grand time reminiscing about Safaris past and making a plan for the future!! I’ll keep y’all updated on time.

Hope the two of you have a great hunt. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Have a great trip, I sure you will bring back some great memories.

Have a great trip. Look forward to your recap upon your return.
Be safe, shoot straight and above all... HAVE FUN!

Safe travels, will be watching for your reports.

O man, you are testing our patience, waiting for that report!

Go ahead, and good luck!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! Looking very much forward to this hunt! May even be in touch with a few of you while over there(y)

Reactions: WAB
Good luck and shoot straight.

Have a great trip!

We have been counting down the days basically for about 8 months and now it’s finally time!!!. Going to be an epic adventure for sure buddy!!! Really looking forward to hunting again with Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris. And couldn’t agree more- this will be my first “take what the Dark Continent gives you” as well- but the also with the 3 DG species I have in mind . We must not forget our sunscreen and DEET!!!

I'm on the Zambezi now. Definitely bring the suncreen and DEET! it's getting hot and the bugs are loving it!

Y'all enjoy every minute !

I'm on the Zambezi now. Definitely bring the suncreen and DEET! it's getting hot and the bugs are loving it!

Y'all enjoy every minute !

Will do buddy!! Enjoy your time as well!! And loved the pics on Facebook of y’all at Devil’s Pool!!!!

Amarula by the bar

Just an FYI about the company that makes it. According to my outfitter, he refuses to buy Amarula any more because the company has gone viral against hunting!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg