Zebra Taxidermy Pictures

Well, Lana looked at the 2 poses (our 1st and the one Dennis posted) and she likes the 1st one best.
She said, "the first pose is nice and sweet and happy. It makes you want to pet it. The other pose makes him look like he wants to fight you. My zebra is a sweet zebra."
So, looks like we will use the first pose.
The challenge now will be to turn this:

dscn0282_zpsd0ff06c9-jpg.30169

into this:

zebrapedistal02.JPG

We were talking about how her zebra won't be as vividly black and white, but should still look good.

If I ever shoot a mountain zebra, I will have a "bookend" to hers, but with the mean old fighting pose. lol.

Attachments

• zebrapedistal02.JPG
    zebrapedistal02.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN0282_zpsd0ff06c9.jpg
    DSCN0282_zpsd0ff06c9.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
We were talking about how her zebra won't be as vividly black and white, but should still look good.
Yea the World is not all just black and white... There is usually a little grey between the lines.... Even for some zebras!

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither. Not a fan of unnatural poses. Just my taste. Or, lack there of (taste that is). :)

This stallion will be done in the chess piece pose.

Tim Arbeiter_ Zebra (8).JPG

love the effort you put into setting hmi up for that pose tarbe . great job , cobber

love the effort you put into setting hmi up for that pose tarbe . great job , cobber

Thank you Bluey. He deserved it....gave me the most memorable hunt/shot of the entire trip! Probably of my life!

I cannot imagine going back to Africa and not hunting Zebra.

Wow, like the pose! Of course, looks not very natural... but is hanging around without a body at any point natural? ;)

Next trip I have to take two zebras, one for the rug and one for a mount like this.

Wow, like the pose! Of course, looks not very natural... but is hanging around without a body at any point natural? ;)

Next trip I have to take two zebras, one for the rug and one for a mount like this.

@tarbe said he only need two zebras too.

Well, honestly...I did only need two. It was Kathy that needed three! ;)

Hear that folks? His wife told him to shoot an extra Zebra!!! And I was an eye witness. It really did happen that way.

All this zebra talk, gets my blood pumping. Some great taxidermy mounts

Hear that folks? His wife told him to shoot an extra Zebra!!! And I was an eye witness. It really did happen that way.

can see why he married the girl .......

Ha !
My wife told me to shoot 2 as well .
Now we are home she thinks I should have shot 3 ?
She doesn't think we will have enough skin to make the furniture she wants .
Bugger bugger bugger !!!!!
I have to go back .

Then you need five... 3 for the furniture, 1 as rug and 1 as pedestal mount.

state of the art!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richardparker

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross