Zebra Pictures

20220825_153130.jpg


Zebra in Tanzania
Passed on several opportunities on this trip
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Those mountain Zebra's are my favorite, I hope to get one for myself someday!!
 
I took a nice Burchell Zebra while hunting with Wik Coetzee at @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS in 2018. I had a flat skin rug made with it.

1672618136138.png


1672618573556.png
 
Here are a couple from Tanzania. The first was shot by my son on Maswa North. Second one in Mlele, western Tanzania. I love the Tanzanian ones as they have ‘clean’ hides with no shadow stripes. The Burchells I shot in Zimbabwe has ample shadow stripes.
9448FE34-F484-4FD6-9DF5-6685819B626C.jpeg
 
It was an oryx that first got me serious about actually going to Africa but I was totally uninterested in zebra, maybe even a little turned off by the idea. During the planning, though, something odd happened and I starting losing interest in oryx and thinking seriously about making a zebra a priority. On Day 2 we spotted a lone gemsbok with a single horn - the closest thing to a living unicorn possible so the PH and I jumped off of the truck and made the stalk. Almost in range, he whispered, it's an old cow. Like an emotional little child, I totally lost interest. I tapped the PH on the back and whispered that I had changed my mind. "It's your safari," he said. I looked for something to salvage the effort. I found some zebra.

We had 50 zebra to choose from. This stallion left before I could get a clear shot but he came back...

52203179291_e9f6dee65c_b.jpg

52203194151_ee0483b386_b.jpg


I probably wouldn't remember saying it but I had a go pro stuffed in my shirt pocket when I told my PH, "I like this zebra." I still like this zebra.

52231157501_c7478eb4ea_b.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,270
Messages
1,571,121
Members
169,265
Latest member
Rosemarie9
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top