Zam Buk ointment

cash_tx

AH elite
Joined
Sep 6, 2021
Messages
1,879
Reaction score
6,452
Media
7
Articles
1
Some new friends of mine from South Africa who I recently met at a house party in North Texas gave me a small tin of this Zam Buk ointment tonight, and they swear that it is an absolutely magical elixir when it comes to chafing, rashes, and dry skin. Apparently you cannot easily get it in the States, but I'm curious to hear the experience of others with this stuff.

ZamBuk.jpg
 
I always have a tin of Zambuk to hand. You can get a much larger tin, about the size of your palm, which is great for keeping in a vehicle or next to the bed. I use it on dry lips, small cuts and abrasions, insect bites etc. The tin can be a bit difficult to open if it gets dented. Growing up we used to joke that you could grow a new finger by rubbing zambuk on the stump.
 
We use it for everything!
Scratches, dry lips or skin, stings etc etc…
Magic Stuff!
 
Reminds me of the old days when Mom would get out the palm sized blue tin of Vic's Vapor Rub and slather that greasy smelly crap on our chests whenever we had a cold. Yuk!
 
We use it a lot. Dry skin, cuts, aching muscles etc. Best thing is that it stops children scratching healing skin.

Thankfully very easy to get in the UK
 
I have noticed that the UK blend is much more viscous than the African blend, probably something to do with the temperature.

My wife has a theory that it might not be a good idea to coat ourselves in a petroleum based product, but it really does work.

My grandmother tells me it was about the only thing they had as a cure all in the war.
 
Like Bag Balm but with more stuff. Or like Black & White without the Mercuric Oxide?
 
The box it comes in is enough to make a believer out of most anyone!

20240825_092326.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I THINK IN SOME MOVIE, I SAW JOSE WALES SPIT TOBACCO JUICE ON THE GUY THAT WROTE THAT.
 
Sounds similar to Prep cream from South Africa?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,361
Messages
1,574,177
Members
169,915
Latest member
calfenspomgro1984
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top