Your 3 favorite hunting cartridges of all time

I do not yet have a 9.3x62 but am so in love with the caliber it made the list
Still need to check out the rest of the Euoropean caliber .

6,5x57, 8x64S, 9,3x64.....

:sneaky:

HWL

30-06
7 mm Mag
9.3x62

I do not yet have a 9.3x62 but am so in love with the caliber it made the list
Still need to check out the rest of the Euoropean caliber .

Seriously look at the 9.3X64 instead of the 62. Noticeable improvement.(y)

Seriously look at the 9.3X64 instead of the 62. Noticeable improvement.(y)
That, and the 9.3x74R, will be next up. I want to start with the 9.3x62 because of the abundance of cheap factory ammo.

That, and the 9.3x74R, will be next up. I want to start with the 9.3x62 because of the abundance of cheap factory ammo.

Love mine, quickly became my favorite rifle/caliber. Shoots even inexpensive ammo very accurately, about $1 a round.

.22 LR... Thousands of cottontails, ptarmigan, spruce grouse and snowshoe hares would seem to indicate I like .22s. Also, all the furbearers dispatched over trapping a good portion of my life.

.300 WinMag... First rifle/caliber I bought when I moved to AK a long time ago. I didn't have a clue what I was doing; it was blind luck I got something that was so versatile when I got around to hand loading.

.338 Marlin Express... Yeah, it's dead now, and has been for several years. I bought mine in 2011. There is nothing I'd rather use for caribou and moose.

I don't own any big, big thumpers. My first Africa trip is a couple of months away; maybe some year after that on a subsequent trip I'll need something big.

.22 LR... Thousands of cottontails, ptarmigan, spruce grouse and snowshoe hares would seem to indicate I like .22s. Also, all the furbearers dispatched over trapping a good portion of my life.

.300 WinMag... First rifle/caliber I bought when I moved to AK a long time ago. I didn't have a clue what I was doing; it was blind luck I got something that was so versatile when I got around to hand loading.

.338 Marlin Express... Yeah, it's dead now, and has been for several years. I bought mine in 2011. There is nothing I'd rather use for caribou and moose.

I don't own any big, big thumpers. My first Africa trip is a couple of months away; maybe some year after that on a subsequent trip I'll need something big.
Tundra Tiger
Don't need anything bigger for PG mate. Take the 338 Marlin express and bring your trophies home
Bob.

Agreed Bob... but if there's a second trip, buffalo will be a goal... so something bigger will be needed. ;)

Taking all Indian game into account ( Dangerous or otherwise ) and based on calibres for which rifles and ammunition were being commercially manufactured during our time :
1) .375 Holland & Holland magnum
( For gaur, water buffalo , royal Bengal tiger , sambhur deer , Asian Sloth Bear , salt water crocodile )
2) .30-06 Springfield
( For cheetal deer , wild boars . Neelgai , forest panther . )
3) .243 Winchester
( For village panther , black buck , 4 horned buck , Barasingha , Kakar deer , mouse deer , Chinkara , hog deer , fresh water gharial . )

.22 Winchester Rimfire Magnum, .264 Richter Short Magnum, and .416 Chatfield-Taylor. That was easy! Good warm-down from a LONG day... (and .224 Wby Mag., .257 Ackley Improved, 7x57 Ackley Improved, .300 Win. Mag., .338-06 A-Sq., .338 A-Sq, et. al.) Why buy factory ammo when you can make 100 more accurate, harder-hitting rounds for the price of 20 at the store?!

223 Rem
28 Nosler
375 H&H

But thank God that I don't live in a country that restricts how many guns I can own and use, 17WSM. 22-250, 22Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, 270W, 280R, 284W, 308W 300RUM, 30-06, 338 lapua & RUM, 416 Rigby, 45/70, 458 WM, 50BMG, 470NE are both old and new favorites And I feel so lucky to have had that opportunity own,use or try them and others!

7x57
45/70
22-250

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luchkabody

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!