Y'all are missing the bigger picture: rhinos move to extinction

Come on guys, this back and forth is not helpful.

CBL is a dishonest industry? Sir there are dishonest people in every line of work. It is just the CBL, since it is an animal you can make a stuffed animal/teddy bear out of, it gets more attention from the public and people like you. What about the dishonest sable or whitetail deer breeders? They release pen raised animals to hunt but there is no widespread concern. CBL must be released into 12,000 acres to be hunted and many other rules. But it is never enough for some.
As I said before, we can hang together or hang separately. As an industry we didn't hang together and look what happened.
12,000 acres is misinformation. The legal requirement is 1000 hectares/2500 acres.

As per SAPA recommendation.
10. Facilities for Hunting
10.1. The size of the hunting area must comply with the relevant provincial legislation as a
minimum.
10.2. SAPA recommends that the habitat and topography of the hunting area must also be taken
into consideration and not only the size of the area.
10.3. SAPA recommends a minimum area of 1000ha with appropriate adjustments depending on
habitat and topography.
10.4. Additional recommendations:
 Natural veld area with a diversity of habitat
 No cultivated land
 Sufficient non-domesticated prey of a variety of species available.
 Water provisioned area.
 Position of hunting area at least 1 km away from breeding/keeping facilities
 Minimal unnatural structures
11. Release for Hunting
11.1. Animals must be released according to the relevant prescribed legal requirements.
11.2. SAPA preferred minimum release period is 7 days prior to the hunt.

As per Forestry, fisheries and environment, RSA
1. No hunting takes place in national parks
2. The following are prohibited methods of hunting lion:
by means of poison, traps, snares, flood- or spot lights or darting;
with an automatic weapon, a weapon discharging a cartridge with a rimfire of .22 of an inch or smaller, a shotgun or an air gun;
by luring it by means of bait, smell, sound or any other luring method;
if the lion is under the influence of a tranquilizing, narcotic, immobilizing or similar agent; or
if the lion is trapped against a fence or in a small enclosure where the lion does not have a fair chance to evade the hunter
3. The minimum size of land onto which captive-bred lions must be released for hunting, is regulated by provincial conservation authorities (currently a minimum of 1000 ha)

Lion conservation in South Africa (cont.) fisheries and environment, RSA:

Expansion of South Africa’s wild population limited by availability of suitable habitat
The SA wild lion population is managed in terms of a meta-population management plan, as part of the Biodiversity Management Plan for lion (2015) developed under NEMBA
There is no mixing of captive-bred lions with the wild population

Sufficient non domesticated prey means, CBL lion can start hunting when he feels so.

Another interesting fact: (law prohibits mixing CBL and wild population, can explain alleged lack of successful introduction program - at least in South Africa, hence "lack of conservation value" is man made, by law?):

Last edited:
It's been mentioned in various threads, but there used to be a sense of decorum on AH that seems to he dissipating.

Even if emotions are high, there is no need to insult another member. The passive aggressive posts are already overwhelming. Discussion can stay healthy and not dissolve to chaos.

It's been mentioned in various threads, but there used to be a sense of decorum on AH that seems to he dissipating.

Even if emotions are high, there is no need to insult another member. The passive aggressive posts are already overwhelming. Discussion can stay healthy and not dissolve to chaos.
TTundra, complete agreement here. We seem to be following the trend in todays society, no more disagreement amongst friends. If you don’t agree with me your my enemy. Wether it be political disagreement or hunting methods. SAD!

As the professionals statements/links listed in the "other" thread mentioned I am not only worried about CBL and rhino but I am fairly sure when I read the SA announcement this new laws are intended to trickle down and include closures for every species born and transported to be hunted. If this ever does get implemented the words hunting grounds for Jo average will be severely reduced. The word safari will become only for the wealthy few.

And we still bad mouth, belittle and attack each other?????

MB
interesting. I talked to the Wintershoek owner and there is not a danger to white rhino dart hunts. I am here right now in SA with one of the countries largest white rhino populations on 300,000 acres

interesting. I talked to the Wintershoek owner and there is not a danger to white rhino dart hunts. I am here right now in SA with one of the countries largest white rhino populations on 300,000 acres
Well that's good news. I was throwing around a kill hunt when I seen some of the sponsors specials. But now that Canada has stopped importation I am back confirmed mine will be a green hunt. Rhino will complete my 5. No definitive year or plan but maybe new rules will open a door? I do wonder how rule may effect the raise, sell, move and hunt industry in SA for many of the common species available?

I sort of feel like I am on a SA dart hunt right now, as I am currently living that hunt thru your awesome posts. Please keep them coming.

Thanks

Mark B

Is it certain that the rhino hunting also will be phased out or is it not yet definitive?

Hi guys I’ve read most of this thread but still can’t get my head around it.
Could someone please explain to me if this legislation passes. What dose it mean for the rhinos that are on these farms?
Thanks!

On a side note I have this image in my head of SA politicians running around waving there arms in a field while two rhinos bonk shouting stop stop this has been banned :E Crazy Eyes: now I’d pay good money to see that:ROFLMAO:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarriDadso

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.