Wounded Leopard attack

Man that was close to turning out badly.
 
It was close indeed. That tracker was lucky he didn’t get his throat opened up.
 
Or a bullet through the chest.
 
That was some kind of shooting to not kill the tracker there....scary moment for sure.
 
Wow that was quick.
 
HUNTING IN BRITISH EAST AFRICA
By Percy Child Madeira

There is one other beast which is not often considered in the discussion of the most dangerous animals and yet men who have had experience look upon him when he is wounded with a degree of respect that places him not even second to the lion. I mean a wounded leopard He is the sneakiest meanest hunter and the most cruel ferocious and wicked fighter of possibly any of the cat tribe. His tremendous agility and speed exceed the lion’s. He springs upon a man biting the neck and tearing with his hind claws which are nearly as large as a lion's and before it can be guarded against he has almost disemboweled his victim. I have been told by men who have shot both tigers and leopards in India that they would rather follow a wounded tiger into the jungle than they would a wounded leopard and the number of victims claimed by the leopard would make a large total In Africa. The leopard is rarely seen being a night hunter but when he commences to get in his fine work among the flocks the destruction he causes is almost beyond calculation. A lion will go among a herd of cattle and kill one and be satisfied. But when a leopard gets inside a kraal he will frequently kill every animal within sight from the pure love of killing.
 
That tall Tambuki grass is a recipe for disaster. My worst nightmare is going after a cat in that grass.
 
That tall Tambuki grass is a recipe for disaster. My worst nightmare is going after a cat in that grass.
170e575d737e6f89686c36feefdd3ac3--the-leopard-billionaire-lifestyle.jpg
 
congrats to the shooter he saved that tracker!
 
Wow, I think that would make me just go back home and look for a white tail.
 
I keep thinking about the Brittany Boddington situation as I watch the above clip.

What if this fellow had waited another 2 seconds to fire? Would the tracker have survived?

I understand that we will never know...but who could watch something like that happening and not be thinking "I have to do something, and fast"!

To fast or too slow...either one can be really bad. But which one is virtually guaranteed to end with the death of the attacked?

Hey, just thinking out loud here. I know for sure I don't have any definitive answers.
 
@tarbe I completely agree with you regarding Brittany Boddington
In situations where human life is in danger, it is essential to make rapid and precise decisions. However, when a wild animal attacks a human, priority can only be given to speed. Firing slowly may minimize the risk of accidental injuries, but it increases the risk of serious or fatal injuries to the human."
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,414
Messages
1,575,518
Members
170,343
Latest member
Caren18C50
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top