Would you like a Cigar?

Raining all day. We should have some to share, if it would head north.
Glad the monsoons finally showed up. My dad sent me some videos, apparently the rain pushed all kinds of desert creatures into their house (i.e. Tarantulas)

It’s muggy in KY, but it’s only 88 degrees. Dogs days of August are coming though.

Glad the monsoons finally showed up. My dad sent me some videos, apparently the rain pushed all kinds of desert creatures into their house (i.e. Tarantulas)

It’s muggy in KY, but it’s only 88 degrees. Dogs days of August are coming though.
A buddy of mine just caught a Tarantula crawling up the side of his house. He released it outside his fence, so the dogs couldn't get at it
The time of year when the Colorado river toads come to life.

Smoking a Nicaraguan Norteno and relaxing a bit :)

C1862627-9B5F-4914-8932-AA6BF1241AB4.jpeg

Drew Estates, Undercrown 10. Commemorating 10 years of The Undercrown blend. Mexican San Andres dark wrapper, Connecticut valley broadleaf binder, and Nicaraguan fillers.

Drew Estates master blender, Willy Hererra, says it has flavor notes of "Mexican hot chocolate". I agree. Subtle sweet - spicy notes.

Is it worth the price.? My local cigar shop is overpriced. I don't go there often. This is a double corona. About the size of a Churchill. A 3 beer Cigar.....lol.
IMG_20210724_170632249.jpg
IMG_20210724_170734319.jpg

The Tabernacle, by Foundation Cigars.

90 Rated

Blended by Foundation owner, Nick Melillo. Also known for his Liga Privada blends while working for drew estate. The Tabernacle is made at the AJ Fernandez facility in Esteli.
A wonderful smoke, with notes of Cocoa, dark coffee, a bit of a Oak/ leathery notes, light pepper, and a touch of saltiness on the finish. Connecticut broadleaf wrapper, with a Mexican San Andres binder. Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers.

This stick was a double corona 7 x 54. So the rich flavors really kicked in more in the second half.

I highly recommend sampling this stick
IMG_20210724_183340507.jpg

90 Rated

Blended by Foundation owner, Nick Melillo. Also known for his Liga Privada blends while working for drew estate. The Tabernacle is made at the AJ Fernandez facility in Esteli.
A wonderful smoke, with notes of Cocoa, dark coffee, a bit of a Oak/ leathery notes, light pepper, and a touch of saltiness on the finish. Connecticut broadleaf wrapper, with a Mexican San Andres binder. Honduran and Nicaraguan fillers.

This stick was a double corona 7 x 54. So the rich flavors really kicked in more in the second half.

View attachment 414671

Thanks for sharing this. Looks right up my ally.

90 Rated

View attachment 414671

90 Rated

View attachment 414671

I’m sitting here on the back deck, with the thunderstorm in full session, a Gibson cocktail on the Adirondack, slightly damp dog to the right and a Montecristo gently burning away thinking…damn, this is just too nice to not try and share some hunting stories and tall tales with people.

Ok, I’m going to just put it out there, anyone in the greater Nashville area care to set up a lazy afternoon cigar social

The Gatekeeper, by Alec & Bradley. A 95 rated cigar, that hit #7 in 2020 on the Cigar Aficionado list.
A collaboration between Alec & Bradley Rubin, and E.P Carrillo, in the Dominican Republic.
Complex notes of, cedar, leather, a bit of nuttiness, and a slightly sweet tone of caramel. There is a light background of red pepper, but not overwhelming.

The cigar band depicts the head of Medusa, from the bronze statue of Perseus. Nobody knows why?

I'll give it a thumbs up. Not quite as good as the Tabernacle I had yesterday, but still a good cigar, albeit, complex.
IMG_20210725_170901840.jpg
IMG_20210725_170835029.jpg

Last edited:
I’m sitting here on the back deck, with the thunderstorm in full session, a Gibson cocktail on the Adirondack, slightly damp dog to the right and a Montecristo gently burning away thinking…damn, this is just too nice to not try and share some hunting stories and tall tales with people.

Ok, I’m going to just put it out there, anyone in the greater Nashville area care to set up a lazy afternoon cigar social

@rnovi, was doing the exact same thing with a MY Father Le Bijou, less the dog and cocktail, in Brentwood at the time of your post. Nothing says get together like cigars and hunting stories. Just let me know when and where. Can be your back porch, my back porch, cigar shop, or other location.

Mort, sending you a PM. Looking forward to connecting and lining something up.

BEST!

Anyone wants to meet in Georgia?? :cry: :ROFLMAO:

The Caldwell collection are very tasty cigars. (y)(y)

I agree with ya, the weather right now sucks, even under our covered patio and fans going. Love to have you over, and I'll make sure my humidors are fully stocked. :)

BTW, today is more humid than the underside of Satan's ball bag. :E Sweat::E Sweat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.