Would you like a Cigar?

So forgot to mention that when I got back to Harare to buy some trinkets and gifts, we stopped by a street market. I bought several jade and other stone carvings. Finally, a nice lady asked if I would look at some of her things. Not pushy, just a very nice ask so I obliged. There were all sorts of fabrics and wood bowls and wood serving utensils. So I got a few things when on the bottom shelf I spied the hidden treasures. Wooden carved ash trays. She said a family member made them. I picked up a small one and asked how much. $8. Then I saw a larger one. How much? $8.
I loved it so much I just gave her $10 instead of haggling, and she just beamed. I like it because it is not perfect, you can see the knife marks, and the grain in places shows through the stain. It is being christened this Father’s Day in honor of my father who would 96 if he were still with us.
IMG_3903.JPG
IMG_3904.JPG
 
Night 1 is a Padron 1926 Maduro with a 2013 Bourbon County Stout. What a beautiful cigar. Chocolate and leather with a touch of pepper. The 26 beats the 64 easily according to my taste buds. 90 minutes got me to 1/2 way mark and it got really harsh and wouldn't stay lit. I have to learn to retire it while the flavor is still good - I hate having the last memory be bad. Wonderful stick, quite possibly the best cigar I have had.

20210621_211005.jpg
 
I love all the Padron Aniversario series, too bad I can't afford to smoke them all the time. LOL!!!!!! I've never had any bad experience with them, maybe 90 min for 1/2 a cigar was too long. LOL!!!!
 
I love all the Padron Aniversario series, too bad I can't afford to smoke them all the time. LOL!!!!!! I've never had any bad experience with them, maybe 90 min for 1/2 a cigar was too long. LOL!!!!
I was on a quicker pace but was getting a pepper blast. I kept it cool and it stayed with the chocolate and leather
 
2 cigar night...not as great as the night before...

1. Diesel Whiskey Row paired with 6 year 100% rye Whistle Pig. This I have been looking forward to for a while. It did not disappoint, but did not wow. Excellent beginner stick with 1 dimensional bourbon wood taste and massive smoke. A little too simplistic but better than a Connecticut lol; I liked the Sherry version better probably.

2. Alec Bradley Superstition paired with Rouge Hazelnut Brown beer. Supposed to be right in my wheelhouse with roasted nut flavor but man this one was a terrible experience. Super tight draw and I ended up taking off the cap. It wouldn't stay lit, no smoke, unraveling...I called it very quick. I got a weird mineral flavor I didn't care for. Other brands give me that nut flavor so I will just stick with those.

I did enjoy the beer, scenery, and Albert King on the stereo
 
Last night at the lake; more Albert King blues tunes. Graycliff 30 with Dalmore 12 - great pairing that played off each other. Very consistent flavor --- light moderate spice I couldn't figure out. Definitely not pepper; maybe a light rye. Pretty much a 1 dimensional cigar (maybe a nuance of cream and nut). Msrp is $20 but can be had for $8 like I got. It's far closer to an 8 than a 20. I will probably not buy again but happy I took this ride tonight.
 
Enjoying a Joya De Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo. I was expecting a more robust cigar and was surprised of how smooth and med body this cigar is. Hints of coffee & cocoa :)

EA44A79A-014A-479E-A388-580A3EA5B407.jpeg
 
Oh man, I hope is nothing serious!!
 
I'm going back to work today, even though I was told to stay home and rest. Can't keep a good (stubborn) man down. Lol.
Will see what the blood work shows, and what the specialist says. My mom passed away from cancer that started in the esophageal region.
 
I hate the "C" word. You'll be in our prayers brother for positive results.
 
Here is to Uncle Sauce & Uncle Mort for taking us along two wonderful safaris. Smoking in your honor a new Liga Privada H44 cigar. Thank you gents!!!

D6497CF3-7E46-4FDE-B70A-E00000D9E45E.jpeg
3AC3E8CA-4DE0-4570-BAB9-D321945DE6CD.jpeg
 
BTW, I’ve been thinking on doing this after my hunt on the East Cape.

 
Where are you going??
 
De Klerk’s place. It’s near Botswana in NW of RSA. My trip overlaps with Frederik’s, so I get to meet another AH person on my last day. PM me if you want more info. :Cigar::cool:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,418
Members
169,355
Latest member
congasosi1980
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top