Would you like a Cigar?

Well, for the first time since I can remember, I had a bad Camacho. o_O It was a Barrel Aged American, and I couldn't keep it lid at all. I ended throwing away, with only about 1/3 smoked. I tried poking it, and nothing. I could barely get any smoke, and flavor was all over the place from being lid so many times. On the first pictures shows the ash, and it was hard as a rock, I then got rid of it and there was a big hole. I was so upset. LOL.
View attachment 409396

View attachment 409397
I run into that problem on occasion. Its a bummer when you have to throw it away, especially if the cigar is on the expensive side.

Well, after last night’s disaster with the Camacho, decided to reach out to O-reliable Olive V Melanio :ROFLMAO:

F2FEBE5E-8B64-4954-9907-F31454793006.jpeg

It’s Archtype Axis Mundi time. I’m practicing for when I grow up to be like Uncle Mort. LOL!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

62603621-2B9C-4445-9C60-DA21EC8E4BDD.jpeg

Not that bad at all. Only six boxes. Had to leave some for the needy!
Seriously though is your humidor a walk-in ar is it just a high turnover operation?

Yes and yes. Well, my humidor which will be here in August is a 2500 cigar upright cabinet humidor. Until then, I run about (5) 250 cigar box-type humidors. But volume is high for me since I smoke all day from 5:30AM to about 9:30PM. So 5-10 in a day is the norm.

Yes and yes. Well, my humidor which will be here in August is a 2500 cigar upright cabinet humidor. Until then, I run about (5) 250 cigar box-type humidors. But volume is high for me since I smoke all day from 5:30AM to about 9:30PM. So 5-10 in a day is the norm.

Did you buy an Aristocrat?

I used a converted china cabinet that was roughly the dimensions of a 2500 stick Aristocrat for several years... It had active RH and Temp control, was sealed up exceptionally well, etc.. and I had thought about contacting Staebell and upgrading further to an Aristocrat (their factory is here in the DFW area).. but when we moved last year, the "office" in the new house is a bit smaller than my office was in the old house.. and I also ended up moving a large 48 gun safe into the office... which made moving the 7'x6'x2' cabinet humidor into the new diggs a non starter.. so I actually ended up downgrading to a large "wineador" that can hold about 500 sticks and have moved most of the stash into long term storage in coolers with boveda packs while I smoke through and downsize the collection (its going to take me a few years to get through all of them.. but its going to be a joy doing it.. :) )...

This was the Aristocrat model I was considering buying...

@mdwest, I’m sure there’s a lot of us who are willing could give you a helping hand at reducing that stash. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It’s an AVO Nicaraguan Synchro kind of evening :)

A30B900C-BC2F-4379-A9B6-667A81B03C23.jpeg

Here's my dream humidor. The Reagan 4000. Only problem is, it would cost at least $25,000 approx to fill it up. Dual zone, climate and humidity controlled. Approx $3800 plus shippingView attachment 409711
If you can find one at $3800, jump on it quickly! I actually considered that same cabinet humidor when I got the cabinet that I had prior to moving to the wineador... They were retailing at about $4500 most places I found that carried them back then (plus shipping).. and that was I think about 6 years ago?

The only downside I found in the reagan was that the entire front is glass.. which can have a pretty significant impact on RH and temp control.. even in a regulated unit.. and in a unit that size it can be notoriously difficult to keep stable if the cabinet is exposed to any sunlight or is close to a big AC vent, etc..

If you have a place in your house where you can keep it shielded from sunlight coming through windows and keep it away from "cold" or "hot" spots in the house.. I think it would be an awesome unit..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarueHindw

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.