Would you like a Cigar?

Very interesting - especially relevant regarding the corrupt politicians and institutions. Thanks for linking that!

Oh yeah the POS Ortega is another puppet from Cuba & Venezuela. F*cker spoked so much trash about the dictatorship of Somoza, and here he is doing the same thing. Same thing with a different name.

Some Tri-Tip for the grill, a Don Pepin Blue, and UPS ain't showing up today as they claimed. The weenies.
IMG_20210130_181828512.jpg

Last night was another three cigar night. Smoked a Cuban Bolivar, a torpedo Padron (which I didn’t take a picture of) & a Monti by AJ Fernandez to finish the night :)

A96A6AB9-EE2B-4A92-8BEB-E4D8F2C5385B.jpeg

Mr Predictable here, smoking a Camacho Nicaragua :)

B57E3C2D-3FDB-4E9B-8120-A0AC6CF0F15D.jpeg

Here's what I wound up ordering to give a try:

Camacho Nicaragua (Churchill) $45/5
Camacho Criollo (Churchill) $39.50/5
Guardian of the Farm Nightwatch Orpheus (Lonsdale) $43.50/5
My Father Opulencia Petite (Rothschild) $35/5
Rocky Patel Decade (Lonsdale) $52.50/5
Ashton VSG Illusion (Lonsdale) $58.50/5

Only the last two hit $10/cigar which was sort of my target goal, but I imagine buying a single in a brick and mortar shop most of these would be $10 or more.

I just finished the Ashton VSG Ilusion. It's a milder cigar than I am used to, inoffensive, well constructed, not worth the price though.

I just finished the Ashton VSG Ilusion. It's a milder cigar than I am used to, inoffensive, well constructed, not worth the price though.

Ashton cigars for the most part are mild-med type of cigars. Not bad for those occasions when a full body cigar is too much, or for someone who doesn't smoke that much. LOL!!!!! in my opinion, Ashton cigars are one of the best looking cigars, flawless constructions.

Yes, they look good, draw was good, wasn't too firm or too soft, and the wrapper below the cap didn't begin to come off.

Sometimes I like a smooth, but tasty Connecticut. In addition to the box of 5 Vegas Gold I ordered, I also picked out a bundle of these Nicaraguan Connecticut overruns at $2.00 each.
No bands on them, but it's a quality stick with good flavors, and just enough kick to keep things interesting.
It has a darker Connecticut wrapper, compared to the Honduran 5 Vegas Gold.
IMG_20210203_172144412.jpg

Here's what I wound up ordering to give a try:

Camacho Nicaragua (Churchill) $45/5
Camacho Criollo (Churchill) $39.50/5
Guardian of the Farm Nightwatch Orpheus (Lonsdale) $43.50/5
My Father Opulencia Petite (Rothschild) $35/5
Rocky Patel Decade (Lonsdale) $52.50/5
Ashton VSG Illusion (Lonsdale) $58.50/5

Only the last two hit $10/cigar which was sort of my target goal, but I imagine buying a single in a brick and mortar shop most of these would be $10 or more.
Good selection of flavors.

I've had the VSG and ESG. Both very good Cigars, with a hefty price tag.

Last night was another 3 cigar night. We got invited for dinner, and after it turned out into a 3 cigar night. Normally I'm ok smoking them, but the next is a b*tch. LOL. Well, here we go. Smoked a Cuban Partagas (One of my favorite Cubans) delicious all around, an Oliva V Melanio (well, you know I can't go without smoking an Oliva :) ), and finally a Nub Nuance Fall Harvest by Oliva (what a great little cigar, at first it smelled like pipe cigar, and had sweet hints, and mellow). Smoked them to the nub. LOL!!!!

Cuban Par.jpg

nub.jpg

Last edited:
This morning I tried the Camacho Nicaragua. It's a nice looking cigar, just slightly softer than I like. Well constructed, I had no issues with draw or the wrapper unraveling. It's slightly stronger than the Ashton but the taste was mildly disappointing. I'm not good at describing these things but the best I can do is say it had a slightly sour (and that's not really the right word) flavor. I have four more to smoke but won't buy any after that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg