Would you like a Cigar?

Little bit of trivia. The legendary John Madden, and I, were born in the same small town of Austin, Minnesota.

One of the most lovable giants of the game!

His play by play commentary was great - I still remember listening to him one time dissect the game and after explaining all the key takeaways for a few minutes, he says "But at the end of the game - whoever scores the most points....wins" !!! :LOL:

Smoking a Camacho Rum Barrel Aged

835F4AA4-02D2-4F85-85AF-90BB80D2DCD1.jpeg

I did like the Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask. I thought it was full flavor with lots of smoke. Flavor was as advertised for the first two thirds, then turned a little harsh last third. The ash was loose throughout, so watch the lap and chair. I wasn’t sure about buying a box, but it’s all good.

I did like the Diesel Whiskey Row Sherry Cask. I thought it was full flavor with lots of smoke. Flavor was as advertised for the first two thirds, then turned a little harsh last third. The ash was loose throughout, so watch the lap and chair. I wasn’t sure about buying a box, but it’s all good.
Imo 90% of cigars get harsh just before the final 1/3. When starting out, I was reading about traditional cigar etiquette which is to only smoke 1/2 the cigar. The first 1/2 is the best and there gets a point where it goes downhill fast. So it's a question of whether you put it down before it happens or put it down when you no longer enjoy it.

I put it down when either my fingers, lips or mustache get burned. Only then. Just saying.

The last third of a cigar can get harsh and bitter from excessive heat that can build up from moisture that accumulates. Some tobaccos are more prone to it.

However, I'm not smoking just 50% of a $10 stick.

I don't recall having that issue with a premium cigar, I've had them where I was burning my finger and the taste and flavor of the cigar had not changed one bit. I've also had them as you describe it, but never on a premium (Padron, Oliva, AVO, etc.)

The last third of a cigar can get harsh and bitter from excessive heat that can build up from moisture that accumulates. Some tobaccos are more prone to it.

However, I'm not smoking just 50% of a $10 stick.

My sentiments exactly. Now, if I am on my fourth cigar of then evening, I might lay it down before it looks like a black checkers piece.

The slower you smoke a cigar, especially in the last third, can help eliminate bitterness and moisture. Sometimes I smoke a cigar faster then I should.
Hurry scurry .

The slower you smoke a cigar, especially in the last third, can help eliminate bitterness and moisture. Sometimes I smoke a cigar faster then I should.
Hurry scurry .

And here I thought it was a race. Like in the days when I used to drink. You would have thought there was a finite supply of alcohol.

I guess I eat, drink and smoke like it’s my last opportunity, or the 4th quarter is gonna end.

(y) I bet I smoke way faster than I should for some reason.... but unless the cigar tastes like the back end of a mule I'll try and smoke it down to the nub!

I see guys on youtube talking about how it took them an hour and a half to smoke a cigar......shit....I can smoke 2 in that amount of time. LoL....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!