Would you like a Cigar?

Has anyone heard of these? Mosi Oa Tunya, made in Zimbabwe. Rumour is they are good.
BFDC1637-C635-409C-9F83-3EA3D3FCFFFD.png

Never have. Do you know where is the tobacco from?

It is from the Burma Valley in the Eastern Districts of Zimbabwe. The wrappers were produced for quite a while now and exported to Europe and China. This is the second local company to actually produce the cigars themselves. It is being overseen by a person from Cuba. There is a fair bit on the internet.

Wow! Now that's quite the lineup there @PARA45 ! Been wanting to try a barrel rum myself.

The Gordo is the best of the bunch. A really lovely complex smoke with great construction. Not too strong and it last forever too!

Cigars for me today were a Cuaba Tradicionales and a Davidoff Orchant Seleccion Lancero, both paired with Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. I don't often do a 2 cigar day, but I must admit, it was a very pleasant afternoon spent!

Al.

That explains why you have 5 boxes of Le Bijou's hoarded away.

I've done 5-6 on a Saturday during nice weather. Right now, it's too damn hot for any cigar marathons.
I don’t either. 2 a day wouldn’t get me to 8:30AM

That explains why you have 5 boxes of Le Bijou's hoarded away.

I've done 5-6 on a Saturday during nice weather. Right now, it's too damn hot for any cigar marathons.

IMG_1923.JPG
IMG_1917.JPG

So it just got too far to walk to the dead room(ie trophy room) where my humidors are, so the boxes just keep hanging out on the table heading out to the porch. Bad form I know. You’ll notice a good supply of My Father, and my newest acquisitions, Avo Syncro, and a box of Archetypes. Let the games begin. The Axis Mundi is superb.

Now my wife just wants to know who Brent is so she can punch him in the gut. Sorry man, have to blame this habit on somebody. Don’t worry. I used the picture with your mask on.

Over 2000 miles separate us. I will have plenty of time before your wife can find me, I'm pretty good at hiding from women when necessary.
View attachment 357084View attachment 357085
So it just got too far to walk to the dead room(ie trophy room) where my humidors are, so the boxes just keep hanging out on the table heading out to the porch. Bad form I know. You’ll notice a good supply of My Father, and my newest acquisitions, Avo Syncro, and a box of Archetypes. Let the games begin. The Axis Mundi is superb.

Now my wife just wants to know who Brent is so she can punch him in the gut. Sorry man, have to blame this habit on somebody. Don’t worry. I used the picture with your mask on.

Mort, you can blame your firearm purchases on me as well. You just need to send me one of those boxes of Le Bijou's, as a graft payment.

Pretty much set on the firearms. Would need another gun safe if I got one more. Closets full. But I am in the mood for a double, so I’ll put you down for blame and one box if it comes to fruition.

Ending the work week with a Cigar I haven't tried before.

PSyKo Seven, by Ventura Cigar Co. A 92 point rating, and tobacco from 6 different countries. Nice oily Dominican wrapper.

Going nicely, with some Johnny Walker Black.

The label, which mimics a Doctor's prescription, was signed by, El Diablo Blanco. Yikes!
IMG_20200710_171908142.jpeg
IMG_20200710_171724847.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Uncle Suace, thank you. PM me your address and I'll send you one. (y)(y)
:) thanks @PARA45 for the offer!! :D I need to get an order together and see if I can get a few of those to try out.
Stopped by my local cigar shop yesterday but they didn't have anything like that but got a few new sticks I haven't tried before - Hope to try them out soon!

Dawn of Destiny, with the morning Joe. My second favorite Archetype.

Going to be a miserable weekend, with temperatures approaching 114 degrees.
Almost mid July already. Where's the monsoons?
IMG_20200711_073312344.jpeg

Where's the monsoons?
It's been an unusually wet summer up here to date. Usually we would have had some fires by now. I think we've been hoarding the rain you need!
Just hoping it doesn't continue into the winter or it will be record snowfall for us....makes my back hurt thinking about it!

It's weeks like this one, where I wish I was back in Montana, standing in a trout filled river. Montana, has been a , home away from home, place for me in the past
It's been an unusually wet summer up here to date. Usually we would have had some fires by now. I think we've been hoarding the rain you need!
Just hoping it doesn't continue into the winter or it will be record snowfall for us....makes my back hurt thinking about it!

Went down to the Cigar shop for a couple hours. Lots of customers this morning. Hanging out, and talking to a few of the regulars while enjoying a good cigar and soda pop.

Going to be a miserable weekend, with temperatures approaching 114 degrees.
Almost mid July already. Where's the monsoons?View attachment 357131

Yikes. Only thing worse is 92 with about 100% humidity. I am soaked from the yard work. Got the big ass fan trying to cool me down before an afternoon Archetype.

I would melt in that much humidity. Even during monsoon season our humidity levels don't get that high.
Yikes. Only thing worse is 92 with about 100% humidity. I am soaked from the yard work. Got the big ass fan trying to cool me down before an afternoon Archetype.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasS111

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!