Would you like a Cigar?

Perla del Mar, by J.C Newman, with the morning coffee.
Official start of NFL Sunday football tomorrow. Mother nature apparently didnt get the memo that football season is supposed to be cooler.
Breaking records with a forecasted high of 109 today, and 107 tomorrow. Life in The desert sweatbox.

IMG_20230909_092815097.jpg
 
What a great combination of coffee and a cigar. Well done brother. (y)
 
Gentlemen, any recommendations for a tobacconist at Doha airport? Just looking for something a bit different. Thanks!
 
Thanks. Not going outside the airport either, just looking for something quick and easy to do during a layover.
 
If you love or would like to love a good Cuban cigar, get a 1/2 box or box of Partagas Series D #4. One of the few places I have been recently that still had them in stock, albeit the price has about doubled.
 
Hello all, just wondering if there are any cigar smokers here on the forum. If so, let us know which is your favorite one!

I like to light a cigar usually in the late afternoon and enjoy last few hours of daylight reading. Most times its a safari hunting book, others might be a book on oil and gas law. When on a hunting trip, its at the end of the day after a great hunt. I enjoy several brands from Dominican to Nicaraguan. Mostly VegaFina, La Aurora, Oliva (serie "g"). I have tasted numerous brands, but these are the ones found in my humidor.
My preference is for Cubans: Partagas, Bolivar, Montecristo, Cohiba, although what's in the ashtray right now is a Romeo Y Julieta Churchill. Non-Cuban: Padron, Fuente, and anything from Steve Saka.
IMG_1664.jpeg
 
If you love or would like to love a good Cuban cigar, get a 1/2 box or box of Partagas Series D #4. One of the few places I have been recently that still had them in stock, albeit the price has about doubled.
Just finished the last of my Series D #5's while I was in Zambia.
Duty Free in Lusaka was completely sold out of Cubans, and Duty Free in Dubai is out of their minds with their pricing. I bought caviar and gold instead.
 
Here's a photo which might interest you cigars guys.

This is Carlito Fuente in my 1934 Ford Roadster at the Fuente Family Foundation dinner in San Diego, in 2019.

View attachment 557264
I don’t think I have ever seen a wristwatch that size.
 
It’s been a rough afternoon, and I’m heart broken. A good friend and cigar smoker lost his grandson this afternoon. The little guy was a premature baby, and passed away 2 weeks after birth. So sad.

IMG_0506.jpeg
 
I met the owner of Gurkha, he is a gun guy like us and has the most awesome walk in gun room. (y)
 
Last edited:
It’s been a rough afternoon, and I’m heart broken. A good friend and cigar smoker lost his grandson this afternoon. The little guy was a premature baby, and passed away 2 weeks after birth. So sad.

View attachment 557477

So sorry for your friend’s loss. I cannot imagine. I know your friendship will comfort the family. Prayers for all.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,377
Members
169,549
Latest member
RoseLang
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top