Would anyone like to star in a Hunting Series?

Would you star in a hunting series video?

• Total voters
Pictures are one thing, videos are a whole different story. A good example of what @375Fox mentioned was in a recent Kifaru mountain goat hunt video. For those who don’t know Kirfaru, they manufacture high end mountain packs and other back country items, and their employees are no stranger to tough hunts. They videotaped one of their goat hunts and did some really bad editing without enough voice over on the situations which arose during the hunt. The over all video looked to be in poor taste even though they just had a really tough hunt. Once on YouTube, they were crucified to the point where they had to take it down. Once you put something like that out for the public to see, there is absolutely no way to change someone’s opinion on what they saw, even if they’re a hunter too. Most of the viewers of that video were fellow hunters, so there are no anti hunter arguments to be made.
It is an interesting backfire for Kifaru but I guess we all make mistakes. Overall the sentiment on the forum seems pretty negative. I guess the antis simply blast everyone off the internet and everyone is very wary of backlash. Almost all the hunting videos on youtube have comments disabled for the same reason.

A bit sad really that we are all wary of the violent backlash of the people claiming to love everyone and spread peace and harmony !

I tried to self film my first hunt and found it was a distraction from my own experience. After that, I started using a professional video crew and was very happy with them (I used iGala Productions) on the next 4 safaris I went on. Then, I took my daughter along and had her film as she wanted to get into film as an industry but that didn't turn out how I had hoped, though we did have a good trip.

I will be going back to having a professional camera person on my next trip. I find it is cheaper than taxidermy and much faster. Also, three of my hunts I have never been able to get the trophies back. Hopefully that will change in the future with some of the developments I have heard from USFW's rulings on elephant imports.

None of my videos are posted online and I even had to make a separate FB account for my hunting, but I do own a food company and organized boycotts/protests from the ARA brigade are a real concern for me. If that was not the case, I wouldn't mind if the video was about conservation and starred the animals and locals and put me as a side character instead of the starring role.

My “bucket list” includes refraining from anything to do with You Tube.
Bah, Humbug.

I feel like you should add another option-"I would star in a hunting series if fully sponsored and hunted for free."

Might change the results a bit!

In 6 years sure, until then not a chance, unless it was a guaranteed series for multiple years on the outdoor channel.

It wouldn't bother me to have my hunts videoed and posted. Probably would have to do post hunt narration as the video would have to play second fiddle to the hunt itself. To be posted publicly, there absolutely needs to be a focus on conservation and the need for hunting as a management tool for the species. There's always the need to do a good job editing.
I also don't have any concerns over ramifications on the job from a filmed hunt; something others have a justifiable concern over. My current boss would just be interested in potential savings for the cost of the hunt. Maybe even set it up as a business and write the entire cost of the hunt off as a business expense! Have I mentioned I'm now self employed?
There is definitely a market for filmed hunts. I enjoy watching a number of them, preferably ones that focus on game other than whitetail.

No,No,No!

If you’re not a multimillionaire that has a family office or trust fund, it’s ill advised. You’ll be outed, unemployed, and black balled as a business owner.

Yup. Anybody who owns a retail brand is finished when they do this unless their brand is tied to hunting.

Tried self filming a buffalo hunt and it was a major ef up! TIA style is the way to go. Have a crew shoot the footage and you do the talking/ narrative and hunting.
I have however had better luck when doing vids about classic calibers and shooting them at the range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OlivaLondo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!