Would anyone like to star in a Hunting Series?

Would you star in a hunting series video?

• Total voters

Nhoro

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe
Hi All, Just asking if anyone would be part of a hunting video series like TIA or something similar on youtube. There is no money to be made from youtube revenue because it is hunting but I see that many people like to share their stories and it helps publicize hunting and videographers. I am just thinking if you are getting your hunted recorded, how many of you would be willing to put it on youtube ? And if you are paying for a video, would you allow a video company to post it on their youtube account for advertising and people who just enjoy watching hunting videos-like myself.

4. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to being in an African hunting video if someone else was paying for the hunt? Oh, and the airfare too, which recently can cost almost as much as the hunt itself.

@CoElkHunter when you negotiate that deal, tell em you want to bring some Aussie freinds along.

Hi All, Just asking if anyone would be part of a hunting video series like TIA or something similar on youtube. There is no money to be made from youtube revenue because it is hunting but I see that many people like to share their stories and it helps publicize hunting and videographers. I am just thinking if you are getting your hunted recorded, how many of you would be willing to put it on youtube ? And if you are paying for a video, would you allow a video company to post it on their youtube account for advertising and people who just enjoy watching hunting videos-like myself.

On the principle I would not mind participating in such a series, if it was done with taste and respect. However my job would never allow for it.

Depends on the hunt and the message being delivered in the video. If it did not illustrate the conservation work being done around the area then I would not be interested. If you're going to educate anyone you have to show the benefits otherwise they will only see it as killing.

I was in some waterfowl videos back in the late 80’s and hunting for the camera and hunting for the best shot are 2 different animals. I think it would be fun to hire a videographer for an African hunt but prefer to spend that money on more animals.

It’s not for everyone. Some would even say that the camera detracts from the hunt and they would be correct. For most it is unnatural to try to think of something to say to the camera while trying to think about the hunt. I’ve had cameras follow me for years so I am used to it. I’ve been filmed just for my own use, for various promotions for outfitters, and the big one was Trophy the Emmy award winning documentary. I’ll be featured on several TIA episodes next year for my Zim and Tanzania hunts.
The bottom line is don’t let the camera get In the way of your adventure.
Regards
Philip

My hunts are for me. I enjoy participating in this forum, but posting full public videos is too much. I’d like to remember my hunts for how I remember them, not critiques by others after the hunt. The professionally done and edited videos are great, but there are many other videos on YouTube that probably should have stayed private.

Not something that would interest me.

I may be interested. I already have a youtube channel (no money involved, I just post for fun). I am leaving for a hunt next month and plan on self filming. If the video comes out well enough, I planned to post it to my channel.

Oh my- I want to be a star? YouTube/other outlets are already full of that junk. Couldn’t pay me enough to do it

On my first safari, I was offered the services of a videographer, at a good rate. I declined as I felt that I’d watch the video a couple of times and maybe show it to a few people. After that it would probably gather dust. Just like a wedding video.
Also, in retrospect, the savings paid for a decent portion of hunt #2.

If I were bidding on a safari at an SCI fundraiser, I would not pay as much to be with a celebrity on film as I would pay to be alone without filming.

I'd love to hunt with Boddington, but I wouldn't want a film crew tagging along.

Hunting is a passion to me, and I wouldn't want to compromise the experience by trying to do it in a way that would meet the approval of the "masses".

I paid to have my wedding filmed 31 years ago.

I didn't think I would ever watch it, and I haven't.

Now, I don't even own a VHS player!

If I were hunting Africa, I'd rather just shoot another guinea fowl.

This is pretty interesting, consensus seems to be against the youtube aspect. I personally watch quite a few hunting videos on youtube as well as some gun "entertainment' videos like Demolition Ranch.

And I see a few of the better made videos and series have a decent following on youtube- maybe 20 000 to 100 000 followers. Not enough to make money but it seems TIA managed to get some sponsorship and keep making content. I watch their stuff as do many others- I guess I just see an opportunity to entertain and educate.

I figure I watch them and others seem to enjoy them and most of all it is a way of hunting being in the mainstream culture, a kind of middle finger to the anti's.

It’s not for everyone. Some would even say that the camera detracts from the hunt and they would be correct. For most it is unnatural to try to think of something to say to the camera while trying to think about the hunt. I’ve had cameras follow me for years so I am used to it. I’ve been filmed just for my own use, for various promotions for outfitters, and the big one was Trophy the Emmy award winning documentary. I’ll be featured on several TIA episodes next year for my Zim and Tanzania hunts.
The bottom line is don’t let the camera get In the way of your adventure.
Regards
Philip
Yours is one of the few positive posts- I agree, a film of your hunt should be like a trophy- taking you back to the moment and reliving it a little.

Pictures are one thing, videos are a whole different story. A good example of what @375Fox mentioned was in a recent Kifaru mountain goat hunt video. For those who don’t know Kirfaru, they manufacture high end mountain packs and other back country items, and their employees are no stranger to tough hunts. They videotaped one of their goat hunts and did some really bad editing without enough voice over on the situations which arose during the hunt. The over all video looked to be in poor taste even though they just had a really tough hunt. Once on YouTube, they were crucified to the point where they had to take it down. Once you put something like that out for the public to see, there is absolutely no way to change someone’s opinion on what they saw, even if they’re a hunter too. Most of the viewers of that video were fellow hunters, so there are no anti hunter arguments to be made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross