Woodleigh reloading manual?

Woodleigh has always been great in giving you the info you need directly. Email then what you are trying to do and they get back fairly quickly.

I can’t seem to attach photos in a message so I’ll attach them here. I’m confused by all the .450s so I’ll send photos of all.

IMG_9270.JPG

IMG_9271.JPG

IMG_9272.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG

IMG_9274.JPG

I think I’ll work with a NFB load around the 2000fps mark - that’s only 15gr under the 2nd listed factory load.

CCDB3AF1-C105-4A1A-A11A-B09CAB0BB63C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much Ben. Greatly appreciated. I will use the soft points rather than the hydros - I found the hydros just drilled through and my friend Baz 500 suggested the softs and the 450 grain Bullets.
What’s your opinion??

Has anyone used used the 450 grain Woodleigh Bullets in 416 Remington magnum ?
If so I’d appreciate your opinion.

Thank you very much Ben. Greatly appreciated. I will use the soft points rather than the hydros - I found the hydros just drilled through and my friend Baz 500 suggested the softs and the 450 grain Bullets.
What’s your opinion??

I enjoy using all the different Woodleigh products, but I agree with Baz. For the majority of hunting situations with big bovines, the softs will hit harder, with more devastation and quicker results, than Hydros. And they’re more affordable.

I’ve not used the 450 grain softs in .416 Rigby, but have shot dozens of bulls with the 410 grain softs, and the results are emphatic. I think the heavier ones, while not necessary, are more of a good thing - plus you’ll have lots of fun trialling them!

Hydros are good for turning little cartridges into buffalo killers, and for bulls facing / moving away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg