Windows Security PSA

Speaking of computers and software...
I decided to upgrade my 4 year old desktop computer. Went the build your own route. Took me about 3 hours to assemble, a day to migrate apps and data.

I have a total of 10 fans. 3x140mm intake at bottom, 3x120 intake at the side, 1x120mm exhaust at the back, a 3x120mm exhaust with the radiator.
CPU: Intel i9 14900K overclocked it to 6GHz.
CPU cooling: AIO liquid cooler pump with a radiator.
Memory: 192GB overclocked to 6800 Mhz
2TB NVMe SSD for OS, 2x4TB NVMe for data.
Graphics: Nvidia GEForce RTX 4090
Case: One piece of glass (front and side) wrapped around an aluminum case.

End result.
1709347616945.jpeg


1709347645265.jpeg
 
Now this is an interesting post.

Any tips /links on how to switch from Windows to Lynux based OS?
I have found howtogeek.com

Thanks
 
When you get a suspicious email. Before clicking. Hover your cursor, arrow icon over the domain in the search bar. It will give you more details on its origin.

Or go to your search engine and search for that entity separately without using the link.
 
Now this is an interesting post.

Any tips /links on how to switch from Windows to Lynux based OS?
I have found howtogeek.com

Thanks
I would suggest Linux Mint. Very windows-like in look and feel, it is part of the Debian family of Linux OS's - Debian, Ubuntu, KUbuntu, Kali, and a boatload more. For a non-nerd, Mint is probably the easiest to transition to

Howtogeek is a good resource.
 
Another way to get one's feet wet with Linux is to install WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) for Windows. It is basically Ubuntu which gives you access to all Linux applications.

I actually run some Linux applications in the background within WSL.
 
 
The scary part of that is it made its way into a couple Kali linux distros.

This is some next-level nefarious shit. Work for a few years to make yourself a trusted committer, create a few bots to chime in at random intervals about how good you are.

Most software shops actually only write about 30-40% of their software. The rest is open source libraries like where this one came from. And most software shops don't have very good SBOM/software supply chain info.
 
Most software shops actually only write about 30-40% of their software. The rest is open source libraries like where this one came from. And most software shops don't have very good SBOM/software supply chain info.
Yup. The exception is some lines of defense work. In some cases, the OS is written from scratch.
 
Speaking of computers and software...
I decided to upgrade my 4 year old desktop computer. Went the build your own route. Took me about 3 hours to assemble, a day to migrate apps and data.

I have a total of 10 fans. 3x140mm intake at bottom, 3x120 intake at the side, 1x120mm exhaust at the back, a 3x120mm exhaust with the radiator.
CPU: Intel i9 14900K overclocked it to 6GHz.
CPU cooling: AIO liquid cooler pump with a radiator.
Memory: 192GB overclocked to 6800 Mhz
2TB NVMe SSD for OS, 2x4TB NVMe for data.
Graphics: Nvidia GEForce RTX 4090
Case: One piece of glass (front and side) wrapped around an aluminum case.

End result.
View attachment 590575
I dream of such a computer, I probably invested a lot of money. I'm interested in programming and I need a good device. I’ve even already found a lot of new useful things about software development, this is DDI Development of course. But I still have a weak laptop. This is now the only thing that prevents me from working under normal conditions.
View attachment 590576
Well, with such a system unit, you can even hack the Pentagon.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,327
Messages
1,573,011
Members
169,682
Latest member
CarmonWxt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top