Winchester Model 70 Lion Model 375 HH

Odinsraven

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Membe,Icelandic Hunting Club SKOTVIS , BASC (UK) Countryside Alliance (UK)r
Hunted
UK ,Ireland, Bulgaria,Iceland,Czech Republic
IMG_0673.jpg
This rifle is 1 of only 125 manufactured. Model 70 was only offered by the Winchester Custom Shop, the Lion model offered in the Model 70 line. Year 2000.... The floor plate has a gold and silver highlighted image of a Lion with "SAFARI/CLASSIC" highlighted in gold at the top, "BIG/5" highlighted in gold inside of an outline of Africa at the bottom and there are flourishes of floral scroll engraving on the sides. The trigger guard has a blank gold highlighted initial oval with flourishes of floral scroll engraving. The barrel has a hooded beaded blade front sight on a crosshatched ramp, an adjustable open rear sight, a sling stud barrel band, Mounted on a nicely figured walnut pistol grip stock with multi-point checkering, two reinforcing bolts, a raised right handed cheekpiece, a rear sling stud and a Winchester recoil pad.

base plate engraved with a gold lion and African "Big Five" motif, the half length well figured stock
with pistol grip, cheekpiece and rubber recoil pad, 10lb. 6oz., Belgian nitro proof. It is of course control feed ...rifle has seen no use .....

This rifle is with Kynoch in the UK and can easily be exported to Europe and indeed the USA .......

How much $5000 or nearest offer

IMG_0675.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle in a beautiful caliber.

Yes it is however as one rifle per caliber exists in Iceland ........ and I have my Mauser already here .........New money buys new goods .....specifically a Merkel 470 NE ...which I have to have

A man with priorities....Merkel 470 NE:whistle::whistle::whistle:

As
Yes it is however as one rifle per caliber exists in Iceland ........ and I have my Mauser already here .........New money buys new goods .....specifically a Merkel 470 NE ...which I have to have
As my Mauser and me have had some adventures and the magazine fits the voere 8x68 .......have to dispose of this beautiful rifle ...as a deposit on my double.

As

As my Mauser and me have had some adventures and the magazine fits the voere 8x68 .......have to dispose of this beautiful rifle ...as a deposit on my double.
Sad......but I understand.....Damn money is always needed for something!

You stated it has seen no use, is the factory red colored grease cleaned off? Do you have the box and paperwork? Authenticity letter?

You stated it has seen no use, is the factory red colored grease cleaned off? Do you have the box and paperwork? Authenticity letter?
Hi Bob nope as the European proof system insists on test firing the rifles
...paperwork I have none .....However when you see the rifle you realise it is the real deal ......I will email winchester for the info or can send you the serial number .......

Sad......but I understand.....Damn money is always needed for something!
Yep the Icelandic system of one child ...For large bore is a pain however the longer I live here the happier I am with it .......as I have already several large calibre rifles ......It concentrates the mind

Hi Bob nope as the European proof system insists on test firing the rifles
...paperwork I have none .....However when you see the rifle you realise it is the real deal ......I will email winchester for the info or can send you the serial number .......
Oh I know what the rifle is, no question there. They are beautiful guns and I know them fairly well. However part of the value is having the original box and paperwork, how much of the value I am not sure, I suppose it depends upon an individuals opinion.

Good luck selling it.

Hi Bob appreciate it ..... probably the only one to go to Belgium. ....... as so few were made .........

However bought it pre Iceland and discovered could not come with me

Ohh well $4500 ono

Otherwise my Mauser mistress will depart on a plane and she will be mine

Any of you guys interested .
? As my new double is calling me badly

Anyone want anything almost unique ?

DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE REST OF THE SET ? 470 Nitro, Rhino , 458 elephant, 416 buffalo, 375, lion, 338, leopard Almost bought the set 6 years ago, But the wife put the stop to it. something about food, the children, clothes, seriously do you no were the rest of the set is ? or what number this one is, Cabelas has broken set rifles come thru 2 or 3 times a year. I have been looking at that option..........

It looks like your 375 is out of set # 124

Last edited:
It was a .470 Capstick in the Rhino not a Nitro Express. There was a full set not to long ago on GI for 15k I believe. I thought that was a fine buy.
Beautiful rifle. Why can't you take it to Iceland?
Cody

It was a .470 Capstick in the Rhino not a Nitro Express. There was a full set not to long ago on GI for 15k I believe. I thought that was a fine buy.
Beautiful rifle. Why can't you take it to Iceland?
Cody
I stand corrected for the first time in my life, 470 capstick not nitro I think that some-timmers is catching up to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.