Winchester Model 12 3" solid rib takedown model

Garrett89

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 19, 2022
Messages
401
Reaction score
427
Media
4
Can anyone provide a rough estimate on the value of this shotgun? Thanks!
20220529_222723.jpg
20220529_222801.jpg
20220529_223027.jpg
20220529_223016.jpg
20220529_222816.jpg
 
These were really cool and the waterfowl gun in their day. Steel shot requirements pretty much put them in the closet. 1958 production and this appears to be a really good restoration. Re-blue and re-stock the collector value is pretty much gone. But if the action is still tight and the inside of the barrel is good it would make someone a really cool turkey gun. So my very un-qualified opinion is $600-$800. But the reality in the market today is that stuff is worth whatever you can get for it....
 
My local shop has two Model 12s fancy grade on consignment from I believe 1935 or 6, as new and are asking $6000 each for them. If I had a pic of one, you could understand they are not to be used. The gun you have pictured looks in perfect condition and ready to be hunted. Based on its condition I would think it is well worth more than $600-800.
 
Mekaniks pretty well just covered it. Well done on the blue and the stock though. I just purchased a 1936 refinished in much the same condition for $595.

I love the model 12 though.
 
I love these and Shot Trap with many for years (they smoke those clays!)[emoji95] ..I hunt Ducks with 32" Solid Rib Heavy Duck Model...
Sad part value is down now? I seen them go from $400 to about $1200 unless its a Trap or Pigeon or Black Diamond model...
(A pair of 32" Honeys) I will only own 32" models..just a personal thing [emoji1783]
Screenshot_20210815-121312_Gallery.jpg
20211225_183931.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,851
Members
169,443
Latest member
PamalaPoin
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top