Wildebeest marinade

Ngonyama

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Bushbuck,kudu,blesbok,Impala,fallowdear,bush pig,baboon,Montain Reebok.
Im looking for a simple marinade for steaks and skewers on the Braai.Don’t want to overpower venison flavour,just complement it .I’m a SA Greek,so would like the base to be olive oil.

I've used this one a lot and complement most meats and especially game. Adjust the quantities as necessary but this will about right for half a Blesbok backstrap/loin.

1 tablespoon of Pomegranate Molasses
1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves of crush garlic
1 tablespoon of good olive oil
2 teaspoons of rosemary or thyme or marjoram depending on your accompaniments.

Coat thoroughly and leave it for anything over an hour.

Hope that helps

FN

A marinade I use for most game is , olive oil, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, black pepper and a Cajun spice blend pick, a blend that you like and is available in SA. Adjust your amounts to your taste and put in a zip-lock baggy for at least an hour if not more.

I've used this one a lot and complement most meats and especially game. Adjust the quantities as necessary but this will about right for half a Blesbok backstrap/loin.

1 tablespoon of Pomegranate Molasses
1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves of crush garlic
1 tablespoon of good olive oil
2 teaspoons of rosemary or thyme or marjoram depending on your accompaniments.

Coat thoroughly and leave it for anything over an hour.

Hope that helps

FN

Image1669374627.626789.jpg

Meat cut for skewers and in your Marinade.Had to substitute molasses for Pomegranate Grenadine.Smells and tastes so good with the fresh herbs.Going on the coals this evening

Italian salad dressing. Oil, vinegar, water and a packet of the seasoning.

1669381142907.png

Wine flowing ,Chenin, brandy and coke for my son the student

They look great. Do try and track down some of the Pomegranate molasses as it does add that sticky edge to them.

I know, maybe I best pop around and try one lol.

FN

Olive oil, Coke, gloves, bay leaves, black pepper crushed not grinded, garlic crushed whole. Marinated 24hrs. Do in cast iron skillet or skottel with olive oil and only spice with salt and black pepper medium rare

This could be an epic thread!!!! Keep em coming, especially any dry rubs for brisket as well. WE WANT YOUR FAMILY TOP SECRETS!

Dry rub has to be salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, roasted and crushed coriander, dried chillie(optional), cayenne pepper, smoked paprika. Your own proportions.....

They look great. Do try and track down some of the Pomegranate molasses as it does add that sticky edge to them.

I know, maybe I best pop around and try one lol.

FN

I will try next get next time in Cape Town .These babies were awesome.Always welcome ,my wild mountain backyard is full of surprises

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MckinleySv

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.