Wildebeest marinade

Ngonyama

AH veteran
Joined
Aug 28, 2021
Messages
117
Reaction score
176
Location
Montagu South Africa
Media
3
Hunted
Bushbuck,kudu,blesbok,Impala,fallowdear,bush pig,baboon,Montain Reebok.
Im looking for a simple marinade for steaks and skewers on the Braai.Don’t want to overpower venison flavour,just complement it .I’m a SA Greek,so would like the base to be olive oil.
 
I've used this one a lot and complement most meats and especially game. Adjust the quantities as necessary but this will about right for half a Blesbok backstrap/loin.

1 tablespoon of Pomegranate Molasses
1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves of crush garlic
1 tablespoon of good olive oil
2 teaspoons of rosemary or thyme or marjoram depending on your accompaniments.

Coat thoroughly and leave it for anything over an hour.

Hope that helps

FN
 
A marinade I use for most game is , olive oil, worchestershire sauce, garlic powder, black pepper and a Cajun spice blend pick, a blend that you like and is available in SA. Adjust your amounts to your taste and put in a zip-lock baggy for at least an hour if not more.
 
I've used this one a lot and complement most meats and especially game. Adjust the quantities as necessary but this will about right for half a Blesbok backstrap/loin.

1 tablespoon of Pomegranate Molasses
1 tablespoon of Balsamic Vinegar
2 cloves of crush garlic
1 tablespoon of good olive oil
2 teaspoons of rosemary or thyme or marjoram depending on your accompaniments.

Coat thoroughly and leave it for anything over an hour.

Hope that helps

FN

Image1669374627.626789.jpg


Meat cut for skewers and in your Marinade.Had to substitute molasses for Pomegranate Grenadine.Smells and tastes so good with the fresh herbs.Going on the coals this evening [emoji16]
 
Italian salad dressing. Oil, vinegar, water and a packet of the seasoning.

1669381142907.png
 
Wine flowing ,Chenin, brandy and coke for my son the student
 
They look great. Do try and track down some of the Pomegranate molasses as it does add that sticky edge to them.

I know, maybe I best pop around and try one lol.

FN
 
Italian salad dressing. Oil, vinegar, water and a packet of the seasoning.

View attachment 502193

I was going to post this exact same thing. The spice mix is already done with this one. My only tip is to use avocado oil and not vegetable or olive oil. Much higher smoke point and no strong flavor.
 
Olive oil, Coke, gloves, bay leaves, black pepper crushed not grinded, garlic crushed whole. Marinated 24hrs. Do in cast iron skillet or skottel with olive oil and only spice with salt and black pepper medium rare
 
This could be an epic thread!!!! Keep em coming, especially any dry rubs for brisket as well. WE WANT YOUR FAMILY TOP SECRETS!
 
Dry rub has to be salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, roasted and crushed coriander, dried chillie(optional), cayenne pepper, smoked paprika. Your own proportions.....
 
They look great. Do try and track down some of the Pomegranate molasses as it does add that sticky edge to them.

I know, maybe I best pop around and try one lol.

FN

I will try next get next time in Cape Town .These babies were awesome.Always welcome ,my wild mountain backyard is full of surprises
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,571,477
Members
169,362
Latest member
MarleneHed
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top