Who's going on Safari this year....

Nope, not this year. I am hoping to maybe take my daughters next year.

This year for me it's all Alaska: winter moose next week, maybe spring bear in May, fall moose/early September, Kodiak for goats mid September, Sitka for deer in November or December.

This year for me it's all Alaska: winter moose next week, maybe spring bear in May, fall moose/early September, Kodiak for goats mid September, Sitka for deer in November or December.
Looks like you have a full plate!!! Hope you make it all. Good Luck.

Not Africa this year. However, Argentina in late March for red stag during the roar. Then Spain in April for Biceiti Ibex, roe deer and some vacation time with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg in Barcelona and Valencia.

Definitely want to hear how Spain goes,. Its on my list for a vacation and hunting, but want to go during bullfight season.

Not Africa this year. However, Argentina in late March for red stag during the roar. Then Spain in April for Biceiti Ibex, roe deer and some vacation time with the lovely Mrs. Red Leg in Barcelona and Valencia.
I think you and the Mrs. have found a second home in Spain.

Zambia late July and early August for 16 days with PH Fico Vidale with Ntengu Safaris in Kansonso Busanga bordering Kafue NP for sitatunga, roan, sable, Kafue lechwe, red lechwe, kob, waterbuck, etc… with a side trip up to the Bangweulu Swamp for a black lechwe. Taking my parents and reserved a buffalo for my father.

Also trying to arrange getting over to see @spike.t for several days on the front end to hunt and fish with him.

Zambia late July and early August for 16 days with PH Fico Vidale in Kansonso Busanga bordering Kafue NP for sitatunga, roan, sable, Kafue lechwe, red lechwe, kob, waterbuck, etc… with a side trip up to the Bangweulu Swamp for a black lechwe. Taking my parents and reserved a buffalo for my father.

Also trying to arrange getting over to see @spike.t for several days on the front end to hunt and fish with him.

Sounds like an awesome trip! Cant wait to hear a report after your hunt

Hell of a year for Alaska. I'm jealous on the winter moose!

July 2022. Nick Bowker. Sable. Lechwe. Gemsbok. Kudu. Black wildebeest. Nyala. Waterbuck. I hope to add a few more. Maybe zebra. Bushbuck. Springbok. First trip over to Africa for me. Just started back running today and shooting a little.
Sounds like a great first trip Justin, I hope you enjoy every second of it.

Zambia late July and early August for 16 days with PH Fico Vidale with Ntengu Safaris in Kansonso Busanga bordering Kafue NP for sitatunga, roan, sable, Kafue lechwe, red lechwe, kob, waterbuck, etc… with a side trip up to the Bangweulu Swamp for a black lechwe. Taking my parents and reserved a buffalo for my father.

Wow what a lineup Scott. So special to take the parents.

Zimbabwe in August for Buffalo and Tuskless (Zebra and Kudu if I see one)
Zambia after the Zimbabwe hunt for Sable and Lechwe
Turkey in the fall for wild boar
I totally read the last line as “Turkey in the fall.”

I thought “He doesn’t strike me as a turkey hunter, but change ups are good” :E Shrug:…as I pictured you punching tags on a tom with your 500 NE. Then I re-read it, and it made so much more sense. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Good luck on your hunts.

Nothing in Africa for me in 2022. Will take one of my daughters to Wyoming in late September for an antelope hunt. I will also be putting in for a non-resident Wyoming moose tag, but with only 20 preference points I have about a 30% chance at drawing. That hunt would be mid October and drawing results are early May. In the event I don't draw the Wyoming moose tag, my back-up plan is Alaska in mid September. One way or the other, I hope to be moose hunting somewhere this fall.

My wife and I are headed to the Eastern Cape out of Port Elizabeth in the end of april, first trip to Africa (or anywhere overseas). Staying with Kingsview Safari. We are over five years in the making , with two postponements due to the big C. We have ten days, split between the tourist things for the wife (Addo, big cat rescue facility, deep sea fishing, etc) and hunting. I have a very modest package, as we dont really have a house for much...Kudu, wart hog only if we find a truly outstanding one, impala, and my wifes choice....Zebra. She wants a rug. I would like to add blue wildebeest, and have it tentatively added. I decided to simplify our arrangements and worries traveling by not bringing my own rifle, using the guides. It is going to come up quick at this point.

Romania in early may for 1 week for Roe, boar, and touring the castles and old cities (after trying to do it for 2 years with this covid nonsense)

Potentially somewhere in east or west Africa late in the year

Not Africa this year. However, Argentina in late March for red stag during the roar. ...

I really wanted to do Argentina in the March as well. But daughter and grandkids (5.5 and 3.5) want to do Europe for Spring break and girlfriend wants to go to a Tango Festival in Cyprus early April after they go back home.

Due to Covid I haven't seen the grandkids for almost two years, so I couldn't say no.

I really wanted to do Argentina in the March as well. But daughter and grandkids (5.5 and 3.5) want to do Europe for Spring break and girlfriend wants to go to a Tango Festival in Cyprus early April after they go back home.

Due to Covid I haven't seen the grandkids for almost two years, so I couldn't say no.
Good call on that one. :A Way To Go:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.