Who would or would not hunt with another member from the site

I would probably be o.k. with just a picture of her.............
but seriously, just to have a travel companion, or someone to talk to around the fire in the evenings is really nice. I would probably not hunt 2x1 unless I knew them well and we had the same hunting style and goals. Someone who isn't easily jealous or too competitive.

Not every outfitter can handle this either. And not every area.. In Zimbabwe we had literally about a million acres in the outfitters area... But only a small portion (still a lot) of that that was great hunting. He would have struggled with more than a couple hunters... In fact I inquired about coming back with a total of 3 to hunt elephant and he pretty much put a stopper to that idea and said one elephant at a time is all he could handle.

I wouldn't mind partnering up..I suppose it would depend on the person,,Large Breasts would be a Plus:K Booby:

I would probably be o.k. with just a picture of her.............
.......... Someone who isn't easily jealous or too competitive.

Now you guys are trying to be easy to please but I can see problems developing already..... :A Hug::S Boobs::A Blowup:

Myself, Spike would be a great hunting party however I strongly doubt if there is an outfitter in Africa that could supply and or maintain our thirst level....

Ahh guess we should just hunt in each others camps...

My best always

Myself, Spike would be a great hunting party however I strongly doubt if there is an outfitter in Africa that could supply and or maintain our thirst level....

My best always

unfortunately i think you are correct.....or the reasonable amount/in moderation clause would be invoked!!!! ;)

I think one of the main factors in hunting with someone who you don't know would be alcohol. Probably it would be ideal to just have a no alcohol policy but this doesn't always work especially on hunts that may last a week or more and that is someone's vacation as well.

I actually had 2 experiences with this. The first one was on a forum geared towards local hunting, an outfitter made an amazing offer for a week long bear hunt, that's like a few hours drive away from where I live, but it was a group package for 5 hunters. I only had 2 friends interested in going so I asked if there was anyone on the forum interested. A guy replied and said he and friend where interested and that they needed people to. So we exchanged a few pms and I asked him alcohol and if they planned on bringing any if we could lay some ground rules. The guy replies in a huge pm that was basically a huge rant, about his rights, he has a right to drink, he likes drinking, I can't question his right to do so blablabla. Needless to say that told me quite a lot about him and I did not go through with the plan.

The other time I went deep sea fishing in Cuba while on vacation there. The boat held 4 people and I only had one of my buddies interested in going. So two other strangers came as well. They both seemed fine until one of the guys, while we were on the boat and out at seas, started drinking and shortly thereafter he became a complete idiot- yelling and trying to pick fights with everybody else. As you can imagine it pretty much spoiled the entire trip.

When it comes to hunting the danger is a lot greater because there are weapons involved- not just firearms which obviously pose the biggest risk but also knives etc... Now when these idiots have their weapons with them they also end up growing balls of steel and become even more aggressive. These are situations that can definitely spiral out of control.

Dragan N. How timely to bring this up right after Spike and Jaco post! LOL

I agree with you 100% Probably cannot eliminate it but ground rules would be appropriate. I'm all for it in places like Vegas.. and I turn into one of those fun drunks.. .At least I seem to think so when I'm drunk :confused: And I like to have one or two beers at the end of the day... But not into sitting up late drinking heavily when the plan is to get up early and hit it hard the next day... That is just not as intriguing as it was 35 years ago.

When I was young we had a group of 14-15 guys in our deer camp... After getting married and having a kid, when the heavy drinking 1/3rd got to slinging bullets and they were clipping branches off over my head, I had enough and quit.

I certainly would not want to spend a lot of money, suffer that grueling flight, and have the trip ruined. Heck of a lot cheaper to go to Vegas and I'm all for the hardy party there!

Now a last night celebration might be fun!

I can say I don't mind Hunting with other folks. My trip to Brazil for peacock bass was a great example. We had an Australian fellow named Geoff that was put in our group. He really made the trip for us. There was 6 of us who were either friends/family or friends of the people we already knew. Geoff was the 7th member and the outfitter threw him in our group. It wouldn't have been half as good as it was had it not been for Geoff. We were fighting over who got to fish with him every day. Fortunately we got along great, I could see though how it could go the other way. I'm pretty hard core when it comes to the hunt or the fishing. I wouldn't mesh well with someone who doesn't take it as serious as I do on a trip I was paying for. I tend to set goals I want to accomplish and am a very driven person. Sooo, if I was to go on what I consider a "serious" trip and someone was holding me back from accomplishing my goals I could see where a problem may develope. Now, that being said, after the business is done for the day and it's time to have fun I'm all about that too.

If Princess Rocky and Chewbacca are going to be there, count me in! If Chewy's not available Jaco could maybe fill in? :D
Sorry bud, you KNOW I just had to take the shot! :P Elmer Fudd:
Seriously though, it could be either the trip of a lifetime or the disaster of a lifetime. Just depends on how well the group matched up. All it takes is one ass to muck it up for everyone else. Says he who insults Chewbacca! :E Frightened:

Oh crap. I just revisited the SCI Convention thread and see that Phil beat me to the punch (n) Now I just feel like I put an unnecessary follow up shot into an already dead yeti :(

Better to be safe than sorry when putting insurance shots into a yeti :W Laser:

As suggested in a previous post, I would have to get to know the others of the group at least by phone and email. Having a drink or two at the end of the day at dinner or around the fire is one thing. Any hunter getting sloppy drunk and causing a problem with any of the others, would not be acceptable. I would probably pack my gear and take the first vehicle to the airport. He may in fact have a right to get shitfaced, but I also have a right to not be there!

Damn straight Bob. Phil and I may need you to back us both! You still got that .505 Gibbs right?
I'm with sierraone in the above post. Even though I'm not much of a drinker, I don't mind others drinking and having a good time. Even whooping it up a little ;) :D I'm right there with ya. Sloppy drunks and belligerent attitudes... I'm outa there.

.............. Sloppy drunks and belligerent attitudes... I'm outa there.

Interestingly, Jaco is someone who does not tolerate out of control twits in a hunting camp. Hence his warning in a thread posted here on AH to warn other Outfitters about him.

Playing it up in Vegas, whatever..

Damn straight Bob. Phil and I may need you to back us both! You still got that .505 Gibbs right?

505 hell! I'm getting laser blaster for that!

I just took it as a transparent attempt to take his Chewbacca costume over to Takeri...

My idea of this hunt happening would have ground rules in place to get everyone on the same page. Having fun would happen for everyone but rules would be in place to stop things from getting to far. Most outfitters have the rules in place already to stop must things that could cause problems.

Having a drink or two at night or after a great day hunting is no problem for must. This kind of hunt would be focused on getting hunters together and maybe some new blood in to a hunting camp in Africa. I myself enjoyed the 3 guys with me who had never been there before and just watching them take it all in was fun for me.

The goal for me would be having others there to have fun hunting with. Give guys a chance at some better prices being a big group. Also to have some new guys mixed in the group who the group idea would help them maybe finally go and try Africa.

The pattern in the commentary thus far is obviously about risk control and is exactly what I expected.
Saving a few bucks just might not be worth it!

Like many others:
Total strangers.... I'm not to sure about that personally.
If I'm being paid, that's one thing..... but this is not my business.

For a new guy that has some trepidation about travel, the risk might be worth it:
The benefit of having company in a foreign land VS the risk of being trapped with an @#$%^ on your holiday.

There are certainly people/members on this forum I would hunt with both Outfitters and Hunters.

The saving a few bucks is all depending on the hunter if it is worth it. For guys who have been there may not be that big of a deal. For someones first trip it could be just the break they need to make the trip happen. Plus if I am making the deals they will be saving more then a few bucks and have the time of there lives in a fun camp.

Plus there is guys wanting to go back who could use the breaks you get with a group hunt to get back sooner. I myself think the odds of getting people you just could not get along with is slim.

It could be just me but I made sure the guys who went with me had the time of there lives. I let them pick were they want to hunt first if we were hunting the same ranch. Try to make sure they had a great time and having them there made for a great time for me and my son also.

There are certainly people/members on this forum I would hunt with both Outfitters and Hunters.

Totally agree with that. Normally the idea of a group hunt wouldn't be something I wouldn't necessarily be on the top of my list. However, it would be an honor to have the chance to hunt with some of the members here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross