Who hunts with O/U double rifles, especially Bergstutzen?

My VC 375 Flanged tamed down to 2150fps for the 300grain heads regulates well and is now my PG O/U. It wears a Trijicon sight and is dead accurate. Note the low profile with the Henneberger mount.
271146E4-9606-4982-96F9-A72016214A6D.jpeg

My VC 375 Flanged tamed down to 2150fps for the 300grain heads regulates well and is now my PG O/U. It wears a Trijicon sight and is dead accurate. Note the low profile with the Henneberger mount.View attachment 505763
I really like the Trijicon and the mount! It's low and unobtrusive.

That’s NICE!
Best!

M7y first double rifle, bought in 1970, was a Krieghoff "Teck" O/U three barrel set, in calibers .458WM, .375 H&H and 16 gauge shot. It was delivered in 1971, just in time for my first trip to Africa.
With it I accounted for four of the Big Five, omitting only rhino, which I took with my wildcat .505 SRE.

Krieghoff 007 (2).jpg
Krieghoff safari 005.jpg

Very cool..

I just realized that I misrepresented the shot barrels: they are 20 gauge 3" Magnum caliber, Very handy for Guinea fowl and sand grouse. Ducks, too, as I once went duck hunting in a native canoe painted bright yellow, which the ducks didn't seem to mind.

I just picked up a Valmet 412s over/under with a set of .308/.308 barrels, and a 20ga/20ga barrel set as well. Not hunted it yet, but got the rifle barrels regulated quite nicely just last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.