Whisky appreciation

Man... Cigars and Peated Whisky has been a bloody deep rabbit hole....

"As I said to a mate of mine recently:

He that smoketh cigars, drinketh the peaty whisky and shooteth big guns for fun.....

Haseth no money for hunting "

The likes of Kilkerran Heavily Peated and Argberg Uigeadail and always some Caol Ila has been doing the rounds as of late.....
Was me the mate that you told recently, me friend of the leaf and peaty drink?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: DWB
Have y’all all gone sober or to the premade THC drinks:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ,Or are we still drinking whisky in these partsView attachment 769213
Since I was the last prolific poster in this thread when you asked the question- yes, the donkey and I have gone sober for the time being and replaced whiskey with protein meals and kettlebell exercises. Gotta get into some kind of shape.
 
Some kind of different shape; I was beginning to look like a glencairn!

I shouldn't laugh, but yeah, I do slightly resemble a glencairn. I'm also trying to get back my six pack.

That reminds me, I need to pick up some more beer; (for anti dehydration and vitamin supplements) for while I'm out clearing the brush for a driveway.
 
One I find very enjoyable.
1780884194506.jpeg
 
Man... Cigars and Peated Whisky has been a bloody deep rabbit hole....

"As I said to a mate of mine recently:

He that smoketh cigars, drinketh the peaty whisky and shooteth big guns for fun.....

Haseth no money for hunting "

The likes of Kilkerran Heavily Peated and Argberg Uigeadail and always some Caol Ila has been doing the rounds as of late.....
How much Ardbeg/Caol Ila did you have ... before trying to type Ardbeg :unsure: :ROFLMAO: ?
 
A very unique Scottish whiskey is Laphroaig Whiskey. I bought four bottles while in Scotland to give to family and friends.....and me. A very unique smokey peat flavor.
Unique is a good word for Laphroaig...
 
I will leave lamphrog to those that enjoy as I don't. If all scotch tasted like that i would save myself a lot of money.
The heavy peat and smoke flavors found in most Islay scotch is an acquired taste.

Much to the surprise of my grandfather, I was fond of it from a very young age. He was trying to throw me off the hard stuff by giving me a little sip of Ardbeg…it backfired as I tried to go in for a bigger taste. Been in love ever since.
 
My favorite but hard to find. The smoothest Bourbon I have ever tastiest
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1184.jpeg
    IMG_1184.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
My top drams in your collection are Rare Breed and the Green River. What are yours? (I need to stay out of this thread or I'll be back on the bottle!)
I really like Russel's reserve but any of the Wild Turkey products I am a fan of. The Old Fitz 7 is good.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,915
Members
169,464
Latest member
Levergunsite
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top