Which ones to mount?

I don't know how to answer this one, out of space is out of space and with nowhere to build you are out of space.
One sure cure would be to give up hunting but I'm sure that will be called plan "B". LOL

I'd call that Plan F (for fail). Plan B has to be continuing to hunt being more selective about which things come home.
 
That's for a great post. Lots of good ideas.

Since you're going back to Africa, first thing I'd do is have the animals scored. If they're not SCI bronze or better you might want to think twice before you mount unless they are very special for some reason as you mentioned.

Yes, having them scored is my plan. The only animal in the trophy room that isn't at least SCI bronze is that first caribou (the object of taxidermy-remorse).


Simply stated use your imagination! Better yet have your wife use hers, LOL. .

Nope - not gonna happen. When we built the trophy room, we also did some other remodeling. Early on in the process, our architect said something along the lines of "Oh I get it. There is a line at the door to the trophy room. Inside the room are blue decisions outside are pink decisions." It worked for us.

Now matter how big of a space you have, if you hunt long enough, you will fill it. Then it's time to either stop hunting or not mount what you shoot. Sooner or later the sands of time will force each of us to stop hunting. Until then, once I've really run out of space, I intend to switch to Plan B - bring nothing home. That's when cull hunting could get interesting.
 
Since you're going back to Africa, first thing I'd do is have the animals scored. If they're not SCI bronze or better you might want to think twice before you mount unless they are very special for some reason as you mentioned. I'm not saying you're necessarily a headhunter, but there's so many animals in Africa that is not a very high bar for most species if you're hunting the right areas for them.

Good call, Bronzes are indeed a dime a dozen. I have only killed 1 that missed Bronze and have actually taken far more gold than bronze medal trophies and around the same # of silvers as golds.
 
Maybe you could talk the wife into buying the neibors place and turning it into a trophy lodge. LOL unlimited space!!!
 
:D
Maybe you could talk the wife into buying the neibors place and turning it into a trophy lodge. LOL unlimited space!!!

I love it! :whoo: How about you negotiate that one for me? I'm sure that you'd have a better chance of convincing her than I ever would.
 
Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness than permission! The beauty of this one is that if it fails you would at least have a place to stay during the divorce. LOL
 
Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness than permission! The beauty of this one is that if it fails you would at least have a place to stay during the divorce. LOL

I think I'll stick with my current problem. It's much more manageable.
 
That's the problem today, people have no sense of adventure. LOL
 
Well a divorce would solve the problem about space for trophies. There wouldn't be any more. If I pinched every penny, I might be able to save up enough money to buy a box of .22 shells and gas to drive out to shoot some rabbits or squirrels. That's only if I managed to keep a .22 rifle. :)
 
Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness than permission! The beauty of this one is that if it fails you would at least have a place to stay during the divorce. LOL

ha ha ha ha ha ah ha:clap::clap::clap:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,221
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top