Which ones to mount?

I don't know how to answer this one, out of space is out of space and with nowhere to build you are out of space.
One sure cure would be to give up hunting but I'm sure that will be called plan "B". LOL

I'd call that Plan F (for fail). Plan B has to be continuing to hunt being more selective about which things come home.

That's for a great post. Lots of good ideas.

Since you're going back to Africa, first thing I'd do is have the animals scored. If they're not SCI bronze or better you might want to think twice before you mount unless they are very special for some reason as you mentioned.

Yes, having them scored is my plan. The only animal in the trophy room that isn't at least SCI bronze is that first caribou (the object of taxidermy-remorse).

Simply stated use your imagination! Better yet have your wife use hers, LOL. .

Nope - not gonna happen. When we built the trophy room, we also did some other remodeling. Early on in the process, our architect said something along the lines of "Oh I get it. There is a line at the door to the trophy room. Inside the room are blue decisions outside are pink decisions." It worked for us.

Now matter how big of a space you have, if you hunt long enough, you will fill it. Then it's time to either stop hunting or not mount what you shoot. Sooner or later the sands of time will force each of us to stop hunting. Until then, once I've really run out of space, I intend to switch to Plan B - bring nothing home. That's when cull hunting could get interesting.

Since you're going back to Africa, first thing I'd do is have the animals scored. If they're not SCI bronze or better you might want to think twice before you mount unless they are very special for some reason as you mentioned. I'm not saying you're necessarily a headhunter, but there's so many animals in Africa that is not a very high bar for most species if you're hunting the right areas for them.

Good call, Bronzes are indeed a dime a dozen. I have only killed 1 that missed Bronze and have actually taken far more gold than bronze medal trophies and around the same # of silvers as golds.

Maybe you could talk the wife into buying the neibors place and turning it into a trophy lodge. LOL unlimited space!!!

:D
Maybe you could talk the wife into buying the neibors place and turning it into a trophy lodge. LOL unlimited space!!!

I love it! :whoo: How about you negotiate that one for me? I'm sure that you'd have a better chance of convincing her than I ever would.

Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness than permission! The beauty of this one is that if it fails you would at least have a place to stay during the divorce. LOL

Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness than permission! The beauty of this one is that if it fails you would at least have a place to stay during the divorce. LOL

I think I'll stick with my current problem. It's much more manageable.

That's the problem today, people have no sense of adventure. LOL

Well a divorce would solve the problem about space for trophies. There wouldn't be any more. If I pinched every penny, I might be able to save up enough money to buy a box of .22 shells and gas to drive out to shoot some rabbits or squirrels. That's only if I managed to keep a .22 rifle. :)

ha ha ha ha ha ah ha:clap::clap::clap:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.