Which is the signature animal for each Hunting country?

@Timbo i agree Roos would be the biggest tally but that is still only commercial harvesting not a huntable species.
Hunting feral pigs is pretty big and widespread.. possibly more hunter resources focused on pigs than any other huntable species in Australia i would think..

@Timbo i agree Roos would be the biggest tally but that is still only commercial harvesting not a huntable species.
Hunting feral pigs is pretty big and widespread.. possibly more hunter resources focused on pigs than any other huntable species in Australia i would think..
True, there's plenty of 'roos! They're found in outlying suburbs, within "green corridors" snaking through cities, and on quite a few golf courses too. Though what I did was commercial shooting, there are also many deer farms around, the commercial shooting of buffalo for pet meat companies, and the many farms which breed game for canned/farm-based hunts. So in my opinion, it's a moot point. However, there's two reasons why I proffered the kangaroo to this thread:
1) Australia has very few native species that could be classed as a game species. Almost all Australia's current game are intriduced species (water buffalo, wild pigs, goats, deer etc) and,
2) nowhere else on earth are you able to shoot a kangaroo - and, almost uniquely, a nation's faunal emblem.

In Oz it's estimated there are more wild pigs than people, and I think you're right that a lot of hunters go for them. I've done a bit of feral animal control for the government, and leaned they are creatures of habit. For instance, one huge boar I dropped was because I found his spoor and worked out his "schedule". Each day for a week I'd drive over his tracks, only to find them back there the next. So I found myself a nice little ambush beside the track, and dropped him (in them!), as he trotted by late one afternoon.

Last edited:
In Norway it must be moose and reindeer...this country is the only place in Europe you can hunt wild reindeer..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross