Which Cape Buffalo horn shape do you prefer?

Which Cape Buffalo horn shape do you prefer?

• Total voters
I am glad so many are choosing #1.

They will let #2 walk and I can get him!!

:A Banana:

It’s just a logo but I’d guess #1 is an in his prime breeding bull. He needs to be left alone to spread those genes.

#2 I’d guess is close to the end of his prime.

#3 is the grumpy old fart most likely out of his prime.

Would like to hear Dr Robertson’s opinion. I know he’s a member but can’t think of his AH handle.

Gotta be number 3.
Fingers crossed for a luangwa valley bull this year...

Jons Buff.JPG

P1000250.JPG

OK, this is my favorite! ;) What do you guys think...... close to a #3?

Not an expert @MT Griz, but he looks like a solid hard boss old bull to me especially with all the balding. I like it!

Not very much interested in the shape. The bull must be at least 12-years old, horns can be broken off, must have a solid boss of 16“ and more, don‘t like gap between horns.

That‘s my ideal. But much more counts the hunt itself. But never would I shoot a buff younger than 12. Rather no buffalo than a youngish one.

I like number 1 because to me it’s more appealing.

I assume we are just looking at shape and not width. If the ears are @36 inches tip to tip. #1 looks like it is 45+. While #3 looks under 40. Given that they are the same age I would take one with width being more important than shape to me. My two cents.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg