Which Cape Buffalo horn shape do you prefer?

Which Cape Buffalo horn shape do you prefer?

• Total voters
I am glad so many are choosing #1.

They will let #2 walk and I can get him!!

:A Banana:

It’s just a logo but I’d guess #1 is an in his prime breeding bull. He needs to be left alone to spread those genes.

#2 I’d guess is close to the end of his prime.

#3 is the grumpy old fart most likely out of his prime.

Would like to hear Dr Robertson’s opinion. I know he’s a member but can’t think of his AH handle.

Gotta be number 3.
Fingers crossed for a luangwa valley bull this year...

Jons Buff.JPG

P1000250.JPG

OK, this is my favorite! ;) What do you guys think...... close to a #3?

Not an expert @MT Griz, but he looks like a solid hard boss old bull to me especially with all the balding. I like it!

Not very much interested in the shape. The bull must be at least 12-years old, horns can be broken off, must have a solid boss of 16“ and more, don‘t like gap between horns.

That‘s my ideal. But much more counts the hunt itself. But never would I shoot a buff younger than 12. Rather no buffalo than a youngish one.

I like number 1 because to me it’s more appealing.

I assume we are just looking at shape and not width. If the ears are @36 inches tip to tip. #1 looks like it is 45+. While #3 looks under 40. Given that they are the same age I would take one with width being more important than shape to me. My two cents.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois