WHEN THE TITANS CLASH...

DOC-404

AH elite
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
1,251
Reaction score
379
Media
57
Hunting reports
Africa
1
WHEN THE TITANS CLASH.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic picture Doc! Never underestimate the power of an elephant!
 
Doc, great pic. Did you take it or do you know where it was taken.

An old friend who was a croc hunter on the upper Ruaha told a similar story to this photo. Over a few days they saw a couple of buff and a few hippo that had been killed by an elephant. One day responding to noise they came upon a blind cow elephant that was loco killing a hippo or buff. (I don't remember which now) He put her out of her misery.
 
Doc, great pic. Did you take it or do you know where it was taken.

I've seen elephants doing their 'who's the boss' thing on a few occasions in the wild. This, however, happened right in front of the viewing area at a waterhole on Erindi private reserve. The hippo, uptight about her calf, picked on the wrong guy and got bitch-slapped.
 
Thanks for the description. Not a scene very many people get to see.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,297
Messages
1,570,934
Members
169,053
Latest member
ElliotWju
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top