Doc, great pic. Did you take it or do you know where it was taken.
An old friend who was a croc hunter on the upper Ruaha told a similar story to this photo. Over a few days they saw a couple of buff and a few hippo that had been killed by an elephant. One day responding to noise they came upon a blind cow elephant that was loco killing a hippo or buff. (I don't remember which now) He put her out of her misery.
I've seen elephants doing their 'who's the boss' thing on a few occasions in the wild. This, however, happened right in front of the viewing area at a waterhole on Erindi private reserve. The hippo, uptight about her calf, picked on the wrong guy and got bitch-slapped.
I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.