What would be your Dream Hunt!??

Cant name just 1, so here goes:

*21 day full bag targeting cats in TZ or Luangwa valley

*Yukon for brown bear and moose

*derby eland

*Uganda nile buff and full pg bag

This is fun to think about, but hard for me to answer just one. I am between roe deer in Europe or cape buffalo.

To hunt one species on that hunt. Either a wild Lion or a grizzly bear.
Multiple species it would be an African hunt in suitable erase including the Lion, Cape Buffalo and anything else that was feasible or added to the experience be it for food, bait or the challenge, a crocodile should be in there somewhere.

A 6 month old time African safari, or a 3 month Yukon hunt, mostly it would have to be remote.

This is fun to think about, but hard for me to answer just one. I am between roe deer in Europe or cape buffalo.
If hunting roe deer is one of your dream hunts, it’s very easy to arrange and some really reasonable prices. Hunting them during the rut is one of my absolute favorite hunts above anything else. If I was to pick a second dream hunt it would be a full Europe tour to hunt roe buck in each country.

A 21 day horseback hunt in the Yukon for sheep moose caribou and grizzly bear.

I’m going with a buddy to northern BC for moose and Mountain caribou. I leave on 9 Sep, back around the 29th. Sixteen days on a remote lake in complete wilderness.

If hunting roe deer is one of your dream hunts, it’s very easy to arrange and some really reasonable prices. Hunting them during the rut is one of my absolute favorite hunts above anything else. If I was to pick a second dream hunt it would be a full Europe tour to hunt roe buck in each country.

I sure hope to some day. Growing up, no one in my immediate family hunted. My great-great grandfather shot this deer in Germany in 1927 and gave the mount to my grandfather. I always enjoyed seeing it when I visited my grandparents. They gave it to me and I have it in my home now. This mount is a big part of what got me interested in hunting. I always thought it would be neat to get one of my own to hang beside it.

20200830_194719_copy_522x970.jpg

Well if we are dreaming. I would book a 30 day Safari. Elephant, Buff, Lion, Leopard, Croc, Hippo and as many plains game as we could find. I would take a 3 guns. All CZ 550s in 500 Jeff, 375 HH and 7x57. Just hope to find enough ammo over there for each so I wouldn’t run short on it.

British Columbia or the Yukon inland grizzly. Maybe even north of the Brooks range Alaska.
Add on Moose and Caribou but Grizzly the main attraction. If money is no object, l am retired, so as long as it takes as far as time frame

I would want a 100 pound elephant. Not for the tusks, but for the amount of time it would take to find one. I hope it would take a year. Of course there would be plenty of “pot” hunting. And maybe a buffalo or lion.

Tough question. Africa or North America. I think N America offers the biggest challenge. So much variation in terrain from desert to high mountain, thick bush to open plains, swamps, etc. Great choice of quarry and method of hunting.

I've hunted Africa 3 times and have the trophies I want but I have no N American species except whitetail.

I think I'd start in Maine and work my way across the nation, up into Canada and on up to Alaska, hunting what species I wanted, taking as much time as I desired. One long safari, my Win 70 Safari Express 375HH for moose and big bear, my Win 70 7RM for lighter stuff, and a 22LR for pot hunting. Travel by whatever means are appropriate, camping wherever nightfall overtakes us.

Probably a leopard hunt in Zimbabwe. I like the idea that a leopard hunt involves shooting several plains game animals for bait and takes at least 10 to 14 days. Makes the hunt more challenging and interesting.

British Columbia or the Yukon inland grizzly. Maybe even north of the Brooks range Alaska.
Add on Moose and Caribou but Grizzly the main attraction. If money is no object, l am retired, so as long as it takes as far as time frame

Hey, Mike. You’re pretty much looking at the Yukon or Alaska for grizzly, my friend. BC’s grizzly hunting has been shut down due to political pressure from uneducated citiots.

Interesting points!

Just out of curiosity, does any museum, or hunter, collects specimen today, for museum exhibit?
Or, it is considered, worldwide as obsolete practice?

Probably a leopard hunt in Zimbabwe. I like the idea that a leopard hunt involves shooting several plains game animals for bait and takes at least 10 to 14 days. Makes the hunt more challenging and interesting.

Get hold of Buzz of http://cmsafaris.com/ and he will get you going. I had booked a Leopard/Buffalo/Elephant with him that got pushed to next August.

Interesting points!

Just out of curiosity, does any museum, or hunter, collects specimen today, for museum exhibit?
Or, it is considered, worldwide as obsolete practice?
I wouldn't think there would be many museums that need big game specimen to be collected as there were a 100 years ago, but if I'm not wrong 2 years ago a museum in canada send some hunters to SA to collect lots of PG species they also got to collect females and juvinile animals
I believe one of those hunters is also a member here.

I’m going to have to go with Marco Polo with an Ibex kicker. That’s about as crazy exotic as I can think - and actually something I really want to do.

It’s on my hunting bucket list along wth Sheep. I may never be able to afford it while I can physically do it, but they are definitely on my list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg